Ent

THURSDAY NUMBERS (04.10.2014)

1st thursday drops for Marvel May movies :

TA - 9% (thu gross : 15.33% of od) ; gives CA2 4.37m (11.83% of od)

IM1 - 7.3% (13.75% of od) ; gives CA2 4.45m (12.05% of od)

IM2 - 8.8% (12.37% of od) ; gives CA2 4.38m (11.86% of od)

IM3 - 6.2% (11% of od) ; gives CA2 4.50m (12.19% of od)

Thor - 3.9% (15.8% of od) ; gives CA2 4.61m (12.48% of od)

EDIT: actuals - 4.7%, 4.58m (12.40% of od)

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

what's with the drops

I think Thursdays will become worse and worse days for holdovers as 8pm preview shows for movies that are opening continue to become more and more commonplace.

Even if Rio, Oculus, and Draft Day didn't do so well last night, they still took away a 7pm and/or 9:45pm showtime from the likes of Sabotage or Noah.

• Like 2

I think Thursdays will become worse and worse days for holdovers as 8pm preview shows for movies that are opening continue to become more and more commonplace.

Even if Rio, Oculus, and Draft Day didn't do so well last night, they still took away a 7pm and/or 9:45pm showtime from the likes of Sabotage or Noah.

To follow up on that, I just compared the Wednesday and Thursday schedules at the 3 main theaters here in town.

On Thursday:

Sabotage lost 5 shows

Muppets lost 3 shows

300 lost 3 shows

Peabody lost 2 shows

Non-Stop lost 2 shows

Divergent lost 1 show

Noah lost 1 show

Jinn lost 1 show

Obviously different theaters lose different showtimes, but this type of release schedule should account for worse Thursday holds going forward.

Scream4 was meltdown for some and they moaned and groaned loudly making you think theirs was a common feeling.

Many of us also felt it was a franchise past the point of resurrecting and would do mediocre at best. 

Strangely erotic. 

• Like 1