Films

Weekend numbers: Ca2 41.4M, Oculus 12M, draft day 9.75M, Raid 2 1M

Superman is the most recognizable Superhero in the world.  (Heck Superman '78 adjusts to over 1b WW) . This was not only his 3rd film incarnation but 6th film. He's also had three popular (and a couple of other lesser, not including Animated)  TV series - the last one that recently finished a 10 year run. He has never been off the entertainment radar.  MOS wasn't just some reboot of some under-served mildly popular character that had fallen out of favor. The enormous budget and marketing of the film and a prime spot in the release schedule certainly didn't treat him that way.

To claim that a Captain America film, which many believed to be almost unmarketable Internationally, should have been expected to pass MOS not only on the international front but maybe WW is I believe revisionist history.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

Superman is the most recognizable Superhero in the world.  (Heck Superman '78 adjusts to over 1.3b WW) . This was not only his 3rd film incarnation but 6th film. He's also had three popular (and a couple of other lesser, not including Animated)  TV series - the last one that recently finished a 10 year run. He has never been off the entertainment radar.  MOS wasn't just some reboot of some under-served mildly popular character that had fallen out of favor. The enormous budget and marketing of the film and a prime spot in the release schedule certainly didn't treat him that way.

To claim that a Captain America film, which many believed to be almost unmarketable Internationally, should have been expected to pass MOS not only on the international front but maybe WW is I believe revisionist history.

not 100%. After Avengers came out many people increased their predictions for the solo films. I heard many say "Captain 2 looked the closest to Avengers 2 out of them all". I think Captain 2 is doing very good especially in China but it is not destroying expectations I would say

What are you gonna do about it, punk?

I am gonna sit here and enjoy the madness. Unless someone goes completely off the rails. If that happens, it is ban time :lol: 

Seems like it can't be helped on this site. :lol:

I hope, it won't happen and I know, but I hope CA3 and BvS stay where they are. The wars are going to be legendary.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 3

The nice thing about getting EPIX free for a month is that I get to go all #ED or MrPink... on Avengers! Third time watching it this week right now! :D

I'm watching it right now! lolCostner needs to stick to doing supporting roles and directing. Decent enough second weekend for Cap. Saw it last night. Thought it was really good.

More like over THor 2 as well

He made a Cap2 over 550M WW club last year after seeing how TDW performed. It was a pretty bold club at the time. So I would say kudos to him.
  • Like 2

He made a Cap2 over 550M WW club last year after seeing how TDW performed. It was a pretty bold club at the time. So I would say kudos to him.

Oh that's cool. I didn't know who made that thread.

Would have been a nice slot to put an intelligent movie starring an Ellen Page or another talented female, maybe with a good script like Juno, and it would have made more money than Draft Day will.

Wait, I thought we'd collectively agreed that Juno wasn't really a very good movie at all some time ago?

Decent if not spectacular numbers - weekend before Easter and great weather across the entire nation really bit into early estimates. Make me wonder if we should have seen this coming after the fall off Friday night.

Decent if not spectacular numbers - weekend before Easter and great weather across the entire nation really bit into early estimates. Make me wonder if we should have seen this coming after the fall off Friday night.

After the Friday estimates came out, CA2 performed within expectations i think. Folks were going for 40-42m. Rio 2 was the one that surprised with it's Saturday. 

Deadline did a great job with it's Saturday estimates yesterday. They probably come up with the most accurate numbers.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1