Films

Weekend numbers: Ca2 41.4M, Oculus 12M, draft day 9.75M, Raid 2 1M

Way off topic but I'm watching Lake Placid 2 and this has to have one of the stupidest scripts ever written.  The acting is atrocious too.  It stars Bo Duke....John Schneider.  What a bad movie lol.

Update...but there are some stupidly hot women in this.  So it's not all bad.

Edited by baumer

James Cameron did a Q&A at reddit, in which he said his favorite guilty pleasure film is the first Resident Evil. Joining this we have Nolan saying Interstellar will be his Event Horizon. I guess Paul W. S. Anderson has a bigger fanbase than we thought. 

Joss Whedon too.

http://www.ifc.com/fix/2013/04/joss-whedon-reflects-on-the-mistakes-of-alien-resurrection

” “I actually like the first Alien vs. Predator,” he admitted. “I’m a Paul W. S. Anderson fan.”

• Like 5

If Monday is below 4M, then no. Even if it makes 25M next weekend, it will need 15M over the next 4 days, so anything below 4M wouldn't help. 4+4.8+3.5+3.3 = 15.6M. So it needs 4M on Monday to reach 200M with a great hold on the next weekend.

If it follows Thor 2 and IM3 as it has been so far, then it makes 2.8M on Monday.

Looking at last year, over Easter most movies fell 42-45%, if Cap follows that it ends with 22.5M over next weekend. Of course, the effect of losing IMAX will also be felt by Cap 2, but should still end with a fall below 50%.

Your forgetting Thursday will see a boosted number, since Friday is a holiday. Also drops for Easter 2012 were much better than 2013, and a drop of 40% easily possibly. It could be over 200m by next weekend but it will likely be a few mill short.

• Like 1

There's a scene in here where a dude (Ahmad) is in a crocodile's mouth, blood is spewing everywhere, he's screaming.  The sheriff takes out his little gun and points at the croc and says, "Ahmad, hang on."  He then points the gun and shoots at the croc as the guy is being ripped in two.   :rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 2

So do we have any idea why Rio 2 has such a pathetic Sat bump? I mean damn, a lot of live action blockbusters get better first Sat bumps than that.

Didn't you hear? It was because of the weather.  :lol:

Didn't you hear? It was because of the weather.  :lol:

I guess most people assumed there wasn't any point of going to a movie about a lovely looking place, when it was already lovely outside.

Heh!

Edited by Fancyarcher