The Stingray

The Expanse | Amazon Prime | Season 4 | 13 December

On 12/24/2020 at 9:31 PM, Plain Old Tele said:

Episode 4 was very rad. Shit got real and I loved it. 

Spoilers up to S5 Episode 4

This was the one scene I wanted translated to TV immediately when I read it in the 5th book. It was an absolute shock. 

They're nailing the show so far.

• Like 2

Wow, they did the ending justice. 

Dominique Tipper was incredible this season

Book spoilers regarding the ending:

They did it justice so much I'm now livid it's done with Season 6. Maybe they'll start a second show focusing on Laconia and books 7-9? Hopefully.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 6:19 AM, BoxOfficeZ said:

Wow, they did the ending justice. 

Dominique Tipper was incredible this season

Book spoilers regarding the ending:

Hide contents

They did it justice so much I'm now livid it's done with Season 6. Maybe they'll start a second show focusing on Laconia and books 7-9? Hopefully.

My bet is they'll tease a little more of that place in season 6 just to make it clear that there's something big in the works there that none of Sol can quite comprehend.

My hope is 5-10 years down the line they revive it with seasons 7-9 to take into account the time skip between books 6 and 7.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Elessar said:

What about the whole alien business? This can't be the end?! :whosad:

That nod to Aliens got a good chuckle out of me. :)

There's three more novels to adapt in which the Ring entities increasingly take center stage. I'm glad the show didn't try to shoehorn them in here when there was limited space already.

I was expecting a pause after this season anyways since in the novels there's a 25+ year time skip between the 6th and 7th books.

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

There's three more novels to adapt in which the Ring entities increasingly take center stage.

Sure, but this is supposed to be the final season, which implies there won't be anymore adaptations. Although i have read statements that could be interpreted that we may not have seen the last of The Expanse. Maybe movies? Let's hope we get "something" down the road for all of us that want to see how the story continues....

Holy cow this show is so fucking amazing. I basically binged the whole thing in under 3 weeks. This was so right up my alley, wow!

I love it when money meets passion. That's when miracles happen (See LOTR)

At the end of Season 2 Episode 5 I was.... utterly speechless. One of, if not the best episode of Television I've watched in my life. Holy crap! The show remains great throughout and keeps on churning killer episodes but it could never top that IMO. Basically no show could so that's okay

A few thoughts concerning the post-Expanse reality we are in

1. No way in hell this doesn't continue. They have a gold mine here, and they know it. It's a satisfying finale but they're being smart about it and holding their cards as it there is a lot more to tell. Also this show is gaining in popularity every day, it's immensely more popular now than it was back in the Syfy days.

2. Adapting Mass Effect has never been more possible than it is today. The Expanse shows that it can be done. Get to work Amazon!! (For those wondering, Mass Effect is eerily similar to The Expanse in MANY ways, I could list them for a long while. It's basically the same base setting but jump forward another 500 years or so, and also written by people who take verisimilitude very seriously)

Now there's only one thing left and it's reading the 9 books. I'm fired up and ready to go!

And finally,

Spoiler

Christjen Avasarala is the MVP of all this and god the actress kills it, amazing performance and character. Also Drummer is another huge highlight

Peace, Inyalowda