Shawn Robbins

The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILERS ALLOWED - Discussion Thread)

CHILDREN, CHILDREN!!!

Also, Bane had 2 deaths during that 1 scene.

He had 1 longgreat fight scene with Batman where he was beaten and then talked to Batman for over a minute in a death confession......then Nolan threw in the twist with Talia and Talia stabbing Batman....which allowed Bain to recover...and then Bain again died quickly minutes later, after Talia left.

True, for that reason I think people should not feel too disappointed, I mean, the big guy was beaten by Batman...

i just saw a pic on my fb page which shows the joker and robin went to high school together, i just had a good laugh about it i had totally forgotten that heath ledger and joseph gordon-levitt were in that high school movie "ten things i hate about you" when they were scrawny hungry actors making their first splash

Edited by ladyevenstar22

Really? I think it was his worst. Nothing is really memorable except for some of Alfred's speeches. Way inferior to BB or TDK. Any of Harvey Dent's or the Joker's dialogue was leagues ahead of the "best" dialogue in TDKR.

Yep, TDK's script is better overall, it has great lines, but also a few unnecessary lines, whereas in that department TDKR is just flawless. If you take away The Joker, which is obviously an easy source for great one-liners, I think the dialogue is significantly better in TDKR. Bruce and Alfred works better in TDKR, also Bane > Harvey Dent, Selina > Rachel, also Blake has some good monologues, the Cillian Murphy cameo is better as well. Edited by The Dark Alfred

Bane one-liners = Joker one-liners "Speak of the devil, and he shall appear." "-You're pure evil. - I'm necessary evil.""Oh, you think darkness is your ally. You merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already man. By then it was nothing to me but BLINDING!" "The shadows betray you, because they belong to ME." "Your punishment must be more severe." "What a lovely, lovely voice." "-I'll die before I talk. -I'm on your schedule, captain." "We both know that I now have to kill you. You're just going to have to IMAGINE THE FIRE." Literally everything this guy says is quotable.

• Like 3

I just realized something. Bale's performance is pretty impressive. I mean, he had to maintain an American accent while working hours and hours with Caine, Hardy, Neeson, Murphy, and hell, Nolan himself. Here he is, surrounded by British inflections and you never hear a break in his American one.

I just realized something. Bale's performance is pretty impressive. I mean, he had to maintain an American accent while working hours and hours with Caine, Hardy, Neeson, Murphy, and hell, Nolan himself. Here he is, surrounded by British inflections and you never hear a break in his American one.

He has a pretty bad lisp though in order to mask it.That said, I thought Bale's performance in Rises might have been his best of the series. Certainly better than the phoned in performance in TDK.
  • Like 2