Shawn Robbins

The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILERS ALLOWED - Discussion Thread)

It's a very effective prologue. Besides not being able to understand Bane (all I understood was "Fire rises" and "...crash this plane with no survivors" it was great. I did like Hardy's accent. The beginning with Gordon is very touching. Can't wait to see it again with MI4 :D

I think she looks good. It's a good costume without going over the top. Also I assume she's a 'bad guy' because she's seen in an orange jumpsuit in a car at one point. I'm not familiar with the Selina Kyle story.

Epic prologue, but unless it was my IMAX theatre, Bane was so fucking hard to understand. He sounds pretty cool though. Just wish I could have made out what he was saying.

I could understand some of what he said not all but just a few lines I couldn't make out. And that was me watching a Bootleg. Edited by SuperBatman

For People not Understanding what Bane said Somebody at SHH posted this Don't read unless you want to be Heavly Spoiled because this is all the Dialogue from the whole Prologue.

Gordon: I knew Harvey Dent. I was his friend. And it will be a very long time before someone inspires us like he did. I believed in Harvey Dent.

CIA Agent: Dr. Pavel, I'm CIA...

Henchman: He wasn't alone.

CIA Agent: Uh... you don't get to bring friends.

Dr. Pavel: They are not my friends.

Henchman: Don't worry, I'll transfer them...

CIA Agent: And why would I want them?

Henchman: They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary... the masked man...

CIA Agent: Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

[Onboard]

CIA Agent: The flight plan I just filed with the agency lists me, my men, Dr. Pavel here... but only one of you. First one to talk gets to stay on my aircraft.

[interrogation No. 1]

CIA Agent: Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?

[pretends to throw the hooded man out of the plane]

CIA Agent: He didn't fly so well. Who wants to try next?

[interrogation No. 2]

CIA Agent: Tell me about Bane.... Why does he wear the mask? A lot of loyalty for a hired gun...

Bane: Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane?

CIA Agent: At least you can talk... Who are you?

Bane: It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan. No one cared who I was until I put on the mask.

CIA Agent: If I pull that off will you die?

Bane: It would be extremely painful...

CIA Agent: You're a "big guy"?

Bane: ...for you.

CIA Agent: Was getting caught part of your plan?

Bane: Of Course. Dr. Pavel refused our offer in favor of yours. We had to find out what he told you about us.

Dr. Pavel: Nothing! I said nothing!

CIA Agent: Well congratulations, you got yourself caught.

Background Agent: Sir...

CIA Agent: Now what's the next step of your "master plan"?

Bane: Crashing this plane. With no survivors.

[talking to his henchman who he leaves behind]

Bane: No, they expect one of us in the wreckage, brother.

Henchman: Have we started the fire?

Bane: The fire rises...

[to Dr. Pavel]

Bane: Calm down Doctor... now's not the time for fear. That comes later.

Edited by SuperBatman
  • Like 2

My Guess is that they were taking Dr Pavel's blood and transfering it to a Dead body which they left in the crash so when the CIA goes poking around the crash site they will find the dead body do DNA testing on it and discover that it was Dr Pavel so maybe Bane wants to CIA To think Pavel's Dead but in reality he is alive and in Bane's Position? Just my best guess.

My Guess is that they were taking Dr Pavel's blood and transfering it to a Dead body which they left in the crash so when the CIA goes poking around the crash site they will find the dead body do DNA testing on it and discover that it was Dr Pavel so maybe Bane wants to CIA To think Pavel's Dead but in reality he is alive and in Bane's Position? Just my best guess.

Correct. Bane is brilliant and always thinking ahead of everyone else, just like the Joker.

Bane: Calm down Doctor... now's not the time for fear. That comes later.

This is the last line that is spoken in the prologue. Kind of awesome that it could have double (maybe triple?) meaning, as he could be seen as speaking out to the audience of the prologue.