John Marston

The Expendables 3 OS Thread

Expendables 2 grosses lower than 1st DOM and higher OS: 

1st DOM 103M$ OS 171M$ WW 274M$

2nd  DOM  85M4 OS 220M$ WW 305M$

Sometimes franchises do our better in 3rd release, we will see if interest in 80's action heroes is still strong. I think another time exp3 do better than exp2 OS and worse DOM (75M$+250M$=325M$)

IMO, it will increase both domestic and overseas.  China loves the Expendables and the second one was more liked than the first.

Dom:  110

International:  270

• Like 1

The predition for Germany is 900T moviegoers (source: insidekino.de). The first one had 862T and the second one 1.214T.

Of course, this is only a predition, but the preditions on this site (especially from that guy that did this one) are quite accurate. At least, for EXP1 & 2 they were pretty good (just a bit too low).

I wonder what the ticket price will be if it is true that the film runs more than 2 hours. For example, for Rush we had to pay 13 Euro ($17-18).

The predition for Germany is 900T moviegoers (source: insidekino.de). The first one had 862T and the second one 1.214T.

Of course, this is only a predition, but the preditions on this site (especially from that guy that did this one) are quite accurate. At least, for EXP1 & 2 they were pretty good (just a bit too low).

I wonder what the ticket price will be if it is true that the film runs more than 2 hours. For example, for Rush we had to pay 13 Euro ($17-18).

So the prediction is that it's going to do worse than the second but better than the first? Why wouldn't it increase from the EX2?

So the prediction is that it's going to do worse than the second but better than the first? Why wouldn't it increase from the EX2?

Exactly. Sorry I can't tell you why. I think its due to the fact that they think it is the third film in this franchise and no more something new. And the guys are absolutly no action fans :P. Both earlier prediction were 200T too low (more than I thought, I just checked it). And finally, the ticket price could be much higher this time.

I hope the leak doesn't affect it too much.

The prediction is from yesterday, so the leak is already included. I'm curious too but I think, the language barrier is the main factor that the leak will have no impact. The best example is how difficult it is just to write here :).

• Like 2

I'm confused about something, last week Rentrak put EX3 at $59 million overseas.

Since then it opened in China, it's made an estimated $40 million according to the Chinese thread and obviously would have made money in all the other countries.

But Rentrak has updated it again and now the movie stands at $88 million overseas, so only adding $29 million in the past week.

How's that make sense?