John Marston

How would you like There and Back Again to end?

I hear that Ian Holm and Elijah Wood said they won't appear in the trilogy again

I can see it ending kind of like this. After Bilbo returns home, Gandalf and Balin (and probably all the  remaining dwarves in the movie) come and visit him. Gandalf as a final conversation with Bilbo. Later, you see Bilbo leaving his house and seeing the ring on top of the mantle place (kind of like in the cartoon version) and then he closes the door and the film ends with a shot of inside door. Kind of the other side of the final shot of the first movie. 

I think the ending that Peter Jackson will do is that it will end with Bilbo narrating some part of the end of his adventure to Frodo. And then a fade to Frodo putting his end notes into his adventures after the end of the LOTR and handing the book to Samwise.

The better way would be to have the happy ending of the book where Balin and Gandalf visit Bilbo at Bag End and they share a smoke, while Balin speaks of the glories that the Lonely Mountain has now achieved and we get to see what it looks like inside and out including a fade of Dale and Lake-Town.