wileECoyote

Monday Numbers 4/14/2014

Easter last year was March 31. In 2012 it was April 8. So compared to March 25 2013 numbers yeah the both numbers seem soft but could it be due to overlap with spring break? The CATWS number doesn't look soft compared to April 2, 2012 numbers but Rio 2 still seems soft.

• Like 1

$3.5m is a good number, I was thinking it might drop similar to Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 which had 78 and 76% drops respectively for their 2nd Mondays from Sunday. That's down only about 43 % (depending on the actual) from last Monday

Edited by Caladbolg
  • Like 3

Who's off school this week?

Spring break is still going on. This is usually the last week. Parts of the southeast are out and maybe elsewhere. All grade schools, college is done. Most places here do spring break to coincide with Easter. If Easter is in late March, spring break will be. At least thats my region.
  • Like 2

Our K-12 has been back from Spring Break for two weeks now.

So school is in session here, all films should be seeing soft weekday numbers and CA:TWS & Rio2 are both weekend films anyway. 

Maybe Cap has the edge in being more adult I suppose. 

Our school district does get this Friday, Good Friday, off though so at least around here I'd expect the possibility of a strong start to Easter Weekend. 

But $3.5m for Cap puts it around $162.3m depending on any fluctuation in Rth's projected Monday number. 

• Like 1

I blame the great weather ;)Looked up stats, apparently around 30% of schools and colleges are out this week.

Are you sure about college? I looked it up and all the colleges I saw were March, and that makes sense. The semester is almost over and exams start in two weeks in most places. Kind of dumb to have SB so close to 1. exams and 2. summer. I think its mainly K-12, though I could be wrong. Just seems pretty odd.
  • Like 1

For CATWS that would be a 43% drop from last Monday and it's 2nd Monday is 58% higher than TDW's  and 5-8% behind Iron Man 1 & 2.

Mon-Mon Drop/ Mon# / Cume /Final Total

CATWS: 43% ($3.5m) ($162,383,032)

TDW:  78.8% (Prev Mon was Veteran's Day) / ($2,209,623) /($147,306,753) /($206,360,018)

Iron Man: 44.5% / ($3,850,844) ($181,675,868) ($318,412,101)

Iron Man 2: 60.3% / ($3,715,485) /  ($214,916,361) / ($312,433,331)

Iron Man 3: 59% / ($4,615,742) / ($289,562,441) / ($409,013,994) 

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 3

NYC public schools are off this week. Obviously, many school districts around the country take different weeks off for spring break. 

Yep. It's staggered all around the country. My sister who teaches in the mid west had Spring Break March 17. My daughters started March 25. I'm sure there are a lot of kids out of school this week but there are still a lot that are in school.

I remember when everyone was off at the same time and you couldn't get a flight for a decent price, lol. Now it's all changed. I suspect it's because of those rowdy college students and the success of Girls Gone Wild, lol.

• Like 2

I remember when everyone was off at the same time and you couldn't get a flight for a decent price, lol. Now it's all changed. I suspect it's because of those rowdy college students and the success of Girls Gone Wild, lol.

No doubt a contributing factor. 

Multiple cities in FL and some in TX were talking about the security burden needed and uptick in crime, especially rape, in cities like Destin, Ft.Lauderdale, Coco Beach to name a few back in the 90's.

• Like 1