Neo

Overlord | October 26, 2018

I'm interested in anything WWII. Currently recording the colorized Pacific War series on Smithsonian. Brutal stuff. Theres been many stories about the Nazis interest in the occult, so this film is way over the top, but a total load of baloney.

Shocked by this...This looks f'ing great and fun as hells bells.  I'd expect this type of movie to have a super low budget and be direct but that JJ affect.  Combo of WWII and crazy nazi experiments-horror/action...so down.  

PS. Amazing trailer  - incorporates AC/DC perfectly

Edited by holcs

They showed a clip for this and a new trailer at Frightfest, the clip looked fantastic and the trailer looked good.

The clip showed

a soldier gets shot in the chest and dies, someone injects him with some red stuff and he comes back to life, then starts mutating and freaking out, throughing people around with super strength

looked good, effects looked great, I doubt it’s a spoiler but I tagged it just in case.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AndyK said:

The Keep is a great Nazi horror movie.

Hasn't got a great RT score, mainly down to technical issues on the audio, but it's regarded as a cult classic now.

The Keep is an interesting Nazi horror film with an amazing soundtrack. It's one of the few times a film has made a fairly easy read more indecipherable. I can see why it's one of Mann's lesser appreciated efforts despite its cult following also being understandable. There's really nothing like it out there, for better or worse.

Edited by ThePhasmid

I'm hoping this is at least a semi-hit for Paramount because their choices are paying off in a big way this year (A Quiet Place, Mission: Impossible - Fallout), and it'd be awesome for them to continue to be encouraged to make intriguing risks with their content.

• Like 2