kitik

Sisters | Fey/Poehler | December 18, 2015 | First Trailer on Page 2!

Just realised I didn't post my reactions to the movie last night.

It's really funny. It's surprisingly sensitive towards its characters' situations. Tina Fey is phenomenal, gives one of the best lead performances of the year for me, and is more deserving of that GG than any of the nominees for "Best Actress, comedy" (not that that necessarily says a lot). Poehler and Fey have great chemistry, and it's nice to see the roles reversed. The supporting cast is strong too, particularly Barinholtz as the boy-next-door and JOHN CENA!! as a drug dealer.

Arguably the strongest performance after Fey, though, is that of the director. Moore has an uncanny ability to play with the timing of a joke to whatever he wants. BRIDESMAIDS (which this has been compared to in ads) has several sequences where the central joke is dragged out for too long and becomes painfully unfunny; in contrast, SISTERS has many scenes where the joke is dragged out beyond what I could ever find funny, and yet still managed to make me howl with laughter at the same thing over and over again. It's like the director is teasing you for continuing to laugh. It's utter genius.

I went into the film knowing nothing but the poster, and was surprised that it's essentially a high school reunion film - however, it doesn't explore the ideas of that type of film in the way you would expect. It's an enjoyable and funny comedy, not with huge amounts to say about anything, but simply being thoughtful instead thanks to its character writing, film direction and acting.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

This should do better then the Will Ferrell, Mark Walberg film.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I doubt it. Daddy's Home has a broader audience and both of those guys have had multiple  100m+ comedy hits under their belt. Not the same for Amy and Tina. This film will be lucky to make 60m, I think this duo needs a few more tests of star power. Right now both are still seen as tv stars not movie stars.

On 12/12/2015, 5:57:18, babz06 said:

I doubt it. Daddy's Home has a broader audience and both of those guys have had multiple  100m+ comedy hits under their belt. Not the same for Amy and Tina. This film will be lucky to make 60m, I think this duo needs a few more tests of star power. Right now both are still seen as tv stars not movie stars.

Why does Daddy's Home have a "broader" audience? Just because they are men?

On 12/12/2015, 6:22:20, Dexter of Suburbia said:

Let's us know how it is. I love the two leads but I hate the trailers. 

I just watched the trailer, you're right it makes the film look pretty crap. I really enjoyed the movie so don't worry.