grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

14 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Gal Gadot showed up to the premiere. Is she in the movie after all? 

Maybe she's there to support Gerwig since she's behind the script of the Snow White remake.

Margot's looks for this entire movie's press tour have lived up to the promise of being instantly iconic. A true, certified Star she is.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Margot's looks for this entire movie's press tour have lived up to the promise of being instantly iconic. A true, certified Star she is.

Trying to remember the last time an actor had a total image revival like this. Like she even surpassed what most thought would be the peak of her fame when Suicide Squad came out (or at least right before it came out).

so the supposed "all-timer" script (according to the cast) is what some of the bloggers (?) identify as a slight weakness 

• Haha 1

Not Perri of all people being mixed lol 

This CC member mixed as well 

More screenings starting to happening after the premiere, should get more reactions by tomorrow 

I’m not very convinced about what we got so far but at least the reviews are coming very soon 

Edited by ThomasNicole

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

Not Perrin of all people being mixed lol 

This CC member mixed as well 

More screenings starting to happening after the premiere, should get more reactions by tomorrow 

I’m not very convinced about what we got so far but at least the reviews are coming very soon 

Nothing to need convinced about. As I've said, some critics may not take to the camp of the humor and find some supporting characters/subplot underwritten as a result but the consensus will be that it's a very good movie with a very great performance from gosling and delivers what's promised

• Like 2

The tweets about "important subplots" for a comedy and a Barbie movie (??). Maybe she's right but seems One of these modern viewer annoying approach to everything. 

One of the comments to this tweet is "i knew It since i read It's ONLY 1 hour and 54 minutes"

😅    Anyway i think everything Is on expectation. Should came with a very good 75ish average on MC.

Edited by vale9001

40 minutes ago, Maggie said:

So many five stars on letterboxd. I don't think we'll get an honest reaction until the reviews

Spider-verse had similar reception after its premiere and its still #9 all-time even after the algorithm change. I'm not saying it'll be that high but I think it should be good for 4+.

Edited by Bobzaruni