grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

19 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Maybe it's not that good either? 😵

Or maybe like for spider man the best way nowdays, when everything is old news after 48 hours, is a conversation at the last moment 😃

in general i never understood what's the point to have reviews and reactions 10 20 or 30 days before.

if It's a Little movie It's important to let the movie grow but when you have a blockbuster, especially if good, hyping at the last time seems to me the best idea honestly. 

• Like 2

Looks like Haunted Mansion will take over Dolby Cinema locations only a week after, which is perhaps not very surprising but still jarring contrasted with Oppenheimer's three-week hold on IMAX theaters. Does make me question Barbie's staying power especially if reviews aren't phenomenally good. Fingers crossed Barbenheimer will continue, I would hate for it to fizzle out after opening weekend--it's been so much fun!

Edited by stonehenge

5 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

So … reviews was supposed to drop on the 13th, than Deadline said is actually on 18th 

and now on UK it says July 19th, merely 24 hours before previews 

I just can’t understand why they’re pushing this embargo more and more 

Apparently it is the same as the original embargo time. It is just time zone difference (UK vs US time). So it has not been delayed.

Of course Jordan Ruimy has already stirred crap up saying how it's delayed. 

5 hours ago, stonehenge said:

Looks like Haunted Mansion will take over Dolby Cinema locations only a week after, which is perhaps not very surprising but still jarring contrasted with Oppenheimer's three-week hold on IMAX theaters. Does make me question Barbie's staying power especially if reviews aren't phenomenally good. Fingers crossed Barbenheimer will continue, I would hate for it to fizzle out after opening weekend--it's been so much fun!

A handful of AMCs have both an IMAX and a Dolby, which it makes easy for more than one movie to get those screens at those theaters. Dolby is also more flexible by design, which is why they can change movies each week. It's going to be a packed few weeks post-Barbenheimer when Dolby will have Haunted Mansion/TMNT and Meg 2 sharing the auditorium that weekend/Gran Turismo/Blue Beetle all over the next month.

50 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Warner Bros are adding more theatres in Japan

268 TC → 291 TC

In the very beginning they were just playing at 2 theatres in Kyoto where I am. Now every theatre in the prefecture has showtimes for it. I wondered if it does business here.

• Heart 1