grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

so from the yesterdays test screening: to the surprise of no one this is actually pretty good and Gosling is great, but I would be lying if those reactions didnt raise some small red flags which could end up stopping this from breaking out; making a pg 13 movie with sexual jokes and swearing out of a franchise for 3 year old girls also does not sit right with me

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

1 minute ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

so from the yesterdays test screening: to the surprise of no one this is actually pretty good and Gosling is great, but I would be lying if those reactions didnt raise some small red flags which could end up stopping this from breaking out; making a pg 13 movie with sexual jokes and swearing out of a franchise for 3 year old girls also does not sit right with me

I remember when a certain movie based on another product for toddlers made a similar mistake

MV5BMTU1MTkxNzc5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTM2

• Astonished 1

Saw the trailer/teaser  last weekend.

Not much reaction from the audience, I got the sick feeling most of them never saw 2001:A Space Odyssey thus the humor of the trialer went right over their heads.

Hope it is at least a decent movie; I am from Sacramento and gotta root for Gerwig, the home town girl.

9 hours ago, dudalb said:

Saw the trailer/teaser  last weekend.

Not much reaction from the audience, I got the sick feeling most of them never saw 2001:A Space Odyssey thus the humor of the trialer went right over their heads.

Hope it is at least a decent movie; I am from Sacramento and gotta root for Gerwig, the home town girl.

I saw it and didn't have much reaction from the trailer. Yeah I get it it's a 2001 spoof, do you know how many of those there's been over the years? The stuff that wasn't 2001 inspired was more interesting to me.