grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

If this movie is any good, may be looking at a historic explosion. It has an solute stranglehold around pop culture right now.

Edited by excel1

8 hours ago, Krissykins said:

The Minaj song is #1 & #2 on iTunes. 

Charlie XCX’s song next Friday. Dua Lipa song is up to 63m streams on Spotify. 

Still two tracks to be revealed, hoping one is Mariah Carey with a remix of Rainbow. 

8 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Anyone know who is producing the XCX song? Any hyperpop artists (id be happy if its just AG Cook)?

Edit: Lolllll, Count Baldor co-produced the Pinkpantheress song. That's good enough for now

Need some K-Pop girlies on the soundtrack

Like imagine TWICE @Claire of Themyscira

27 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Need some K-Pop girlies on the soundtrack

Like imagine TWICE @Claire of Themyscira

there is k pop girl band. I don't remember the name but they are the ones with a song in the top 10 of global spotify right now.

Other interesting names in the soundtrack are Lizzo (to envolve black woman, she's a big star so probably her song it's gonna be a single too).

Haim (indie music fans) and The Kid Laroi, Khalid, Tame Impala names with a big appeal also upon a male audience. 

Edited by vale9001

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Likely there will be an embargo, but at least it’s starting early. Sign that we should have reactions soon.

Mhhh i don't know, if It's well selected since you need an invitation they could be sure they can have good reactions. 

Edited by vale9001

3 hours ago, JustLurking said:

The group is Fifty Fifty, very new but it's getting explosive popularity rn, their momentum is pretty huge though I'm thinking more worldwide, not entirely sure what their standing is in SK.

Fifty Fifty is great!

They're doing incredible for a group that just debuted not too long ago.

Cupid was Top 10 on all Korean charts, I believe, which is a huge feat for a new group not under a big company.

But, they did smash internationally. They are not a big name yet in South Korea, but, I am hoping they do become one though. ❤️

• Like 1

So… there will be screenings in LA and NY today, BUT only for social media people, exclusively social media people 

Trades are not invited, all of them. People who wrote for big trades also out. 

Clearly they want quotes from reactions, but the fact that they are blocking top critics from it is honestly worrisome. 

I hope is just a shitty idea but normally they do these type of things for movies they know won’t be very well received 

Edited by ThomasNicole

44 minutes ago, Redolent said:

Have WB learnt nothing from The Flash debacle?

Like i said, they’re blocking any major trades or writers to see it 

Hopefully is just a desperate measure after what happened with Flash and not a signs that the movie is mid 

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

So… there will be screenings in LA and NY today, BUT only for social media people, exclusively social media people 

Trades are not invited, all of them. People who wrote for big trades also out. 

Clearly they want quotes from reactions, but the fact that they are blocking top critics from it is honestly worrisome. 

I hope is just a shitty idea but normally they do these type of things for movies they know won’t be very well received 

We just need Greta to say the audience left the theater speechless!

Edited by vale9001

57 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Hopefully is just a desperate measure after what happened with Flash and not a signs that the movie is mid 

I don't think the movie is mid, someone here has seen it and said it's great.