grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Taking down Deathly Hallows 2 to be WB's biggest movie ever

2 hours ago, trifle said:

Are you asking about Barbie or the Jen/Amy project?

there was an article today about some Oscar winner being 'in talks' for Barbie and they listed every possible Oscar winner as a potential (the web site, not the rumor) including Jen, Brie, Cate Blanchet, Alicia Vikander, Natalie Portman.... etc etc etc.

Amy cancelled didn't she?  And I don't see Jen picking it up from her, no.  Although, what do I know. Maybe the script is better a whole lot better than I think it would be. (It sounds like a Smurfs story to me.)  Jen is fine with franchises.  I just can't see this appealing to her, and I have heard nothing else indicating she is considering it.

Jen has a charity thing connected with The Hunger Games in Kentucky this weekend, and it said other stars 'to be confirmed' - I'm betting Woody will be there.  As for Amy, she and Jen are friendly, and Jen is in New York.

If you are asking about the Jen/Amy comedy, it is still around and Jen and Amy have both said within the last year that they hope to film it in a year or so, once schedules permit.

Trifle: Average, everyday BOT member or Jennifer Lawrence's PR manager?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, trifle said:

Hey, I was responding to an inquiry... :P

Was there ever any plot hints in regard to the Amy/Jen film? I find their pairing much more intriguing than the Goldie/Amy one (although I love Goldie). I think, based on little bits here and there, that Amy and Jen have a potent on-screen chemistry that could be well used at the service of a comedy.

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 1

Sony needed to stick to its June 29, 2018 release date since Mattel already has merchandise and product cycles in motion–shifting the production to accommodate Schumer would have put on a strain on other partners on the film, according to insiders. 

Looks like we have another Simpsons Movie situation with the toys not matching the character.

2140-27066.gif

87eff2d9cd80970ae91fc26cd9b8da1f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Was there ever any plot hints in regard to the Amy/Jen film? I find their pairing much more intriguing than the Goldie/Amy one (although I love Goldie). I think, based on little bits here and there, that Amy and Jen have a potent on-screen chemistry that could be well used at the service of a comedy.

They are supposed to be sisters, with Amy as an airport worker who is angling to be made a stewardess, and Jen as 'a mess'.  There is something about trying to reconcile with their brother (although the whole movie may just be leading up to that or in anticipation of that.)

If it is good, I think it will be very good.  I think they both have great senses of humor and comedic timing, on their own.  My only concern is that I honestly didn't think their intro at the Golden Globes was that great, but it was created the day of, I believe.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, trifle said:

They are supposed to be sisters, with Amy as an airport worker who is angling to be made a stewardess, and Jen as 'a mess'.  There is something about trying to reconcile with their brother (although the whole movie may just be leading up to that or in anticipation of that.)

If it is good, I think it will be very good.  I think they both have great senses of humor and comedic timing, on their own.  My only concern is that I honestly didn't think their intro at the Golden Globes was that great, but it was created the day of, I believe.

Thanks!

This is the first time that the possibilities of a Jlaw screen pairing totally captivate me. To be frank, I think that their GG jokes seemed meandering at times, but I thoroughly enjoyed their vibe. I am looking forward to learning more about their joint project.

ETA: WTF was I thinking? The notion of Jlaw and Amy together captivates me, but so does the pairing of Jlaw and the goddess Michelle Pfeiffer in Mother!  :D 

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Looks like we have another Simpsons Movie situation with the toys not matching the character.

2140-27066.gif

87eff2d9cd80970ae91fc26cd9b8da1f.jpg

If I remember correctly, that toy was from an early drawing of what they intended Russ Cargill to look like

Edited by cheesypoofs

What kind of a movie is this? Comedy aimed at kids? Comedy aimed at adults? Feminist existential crisis drama where Barbie gains hyperawareness and realizes she's just an object in the hands of people with more power?

This obviously is the Mattel company's answer to Wonder Woman.