grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Taking down Deathly Hallows 2 to be WB's biggest movie ever

22 minutes ago, gadd said:

Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper was in constant circulation in my house around 2004/05 due to my sister's obsession with it. Somehow I managed to avoid the rest of them.

I used to watch a lot of them with my sister on TV.  I even had the Island Princess game on my PS2.

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Remember when H**vey W***nstein was in a Barbie movie?

LOL this movie was sister's favorite as a kid. She watched it 10 times. My scene goes hollywood  right? 

9 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

If they're looking for a Ken, I know somebody who would be perfect for the role. He's worked with Gerwig twice already, and he passes the half plus 7 rule when it comes to Robbie. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: 

If that's how it's gonna be, I gotta suggestion...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/greta-gerwig-noah-baumbach-are-making-history-oscars-season-1261857

In the early years of their relationship, Gerwig and Baumbach collaborated on several projects. In 2012, they made Frances Ha (he directed, she starred and they wrote the screenplay together). In 2015, they made Mistress America (ditto). And right now, they're about to start working side by side on a film that will require both of their authorial visions to pull off: a screenplay for Warner Bros.' planned big-screen adaptation of Barbie. Yes, that Barbie, not exactly a prototypical indie film muse. With Margot Robbie set to play the iconic doll, Gerwig is loosely attached to direct. "Too early to talk about," she says of the project before tantalizingly hinting that "Warner Bros. is open to strange." Baumbach also is tight-lipped, though he brushes off concerns that co-writing a tentpole based on a plastic toy with improbable bust dimensions might tarnish his indie cred. "You're talking to the guy who wrote Madagascar 3," he quips, referring to his 2013 gig scripting lines for a lemur and other animated animals.

• Like 1