grim22

Weekend #'s April 25-27 TOW: 24.7, Cap2 16.05,

Friday Box Office: Easy #1'The Other Woman' (Fox - 3205 runs) hits the G spot. $9.5M opener for $25M wkd. Cost $40M.

Friday Box Office: #2 'Captain America 2' $3.9M for $13.5M wkd and $222.3M cume. #3 'Heaven Is For Real' $3.6M for $12.5M and $50.6M.

Friday Box Office: #4 'Brick Mansions' (Relativity - 2647 runs) starring R.I.P. Paul Walker opens at $3.3M but will drop to #5 for $9M wkd.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

'Brick Mansions' takes in $400,000 in late-night shows Thursday in US

Was wondering if the Paul Walker fan clubs would make this a posthumous hit or not. 

Even if the perception would've been seen as cheap by the studio they would've done better to release this in the immediate month or so of his passing when so much attention was on it. 

• Founder / Operator

One small nitpicky thing: as much as it kinda saddens me, they're not really "midnight" numbers anymore. The majority of these Thursday night grosses come from 8-10pm shows.

I'm lobbying to just call it "Opening Night", but, to no avail so far. :lol:

• Like 2

One small nitpicky thing: as much as it kinda saddens me, they're not really "midnight" numbers anymore. The majority of these Thursday night grosses come from 8-10pm shows.

This thread will support your brave stand.

• Like 1

I think most people have been calling them "previews" or "preview numbers". That works for me.

• Like 1