grim22

Weekend #'s April 25-27 TOW: 24.7, Cap2 16.05,

Most of Mann's work is fantastic. I think Miami Vice is underrated and Public Enemies unfortunately is eh. His next movie stars Chris Hemsworth, so I'm stoked for that.

okay you lost me at Miami Vice, lol. 

Is that with Russell Crowe? I saw it a while ago. That is an awesome movie. Now that is one I need to revisit. Had no idea who the director was. So it's that Mann again.

Speaking of Michael Mann, he has a new thriller coming out next year called Cyber. It starred Hems and Viola Davis. I haven't read up much about it but I'm looking forward to the movie.
  • Like 3

Speaking of Michael Mann, he has a new thriller coming out next year called Cyber. It starred Hems and Viola Davis. I haven't read up much about it but I'm looking forward to the movie.

That must be the movie Mr. Pink is talking about.

okay you lost me at Miami Vice, lol. 

I tend to do that with people. But I think if you go into the movie not expecting Miami Vice the tv show, and look at it as a serious crime drama, it's pretty good. It's just unfortunate that it didn't end properly due to lack of time to edit and also external circumstances forcing Mann to change the ending.

• Like 1

Did you like Panic in Needle Park?

Man, that film is old. I remembered liking it a lot when I first watch it. You remind me, I'll see if I could find it online or at my library for a rewatch.

I tend to do that with people. But I think if you go into the movie not expecting Miami Vice the tv show, and look at it as a serious crime drama, it's pretty good. It's just unfortunate that it didn't end properly due to lack of time to edit and also external circumstances forcing Mann to change the ending.

I'm a fiend for mojitos!(no, it's not that good)

I'm a fiend for mojitos!(no, it's not that good)

Hey, I'm not saying it's a misunderstood masterpiece, but I do think it's better than people give it credit for.

I'm just hoping that Mann hasn't completely lost it at this point.

I remembered reading about The Irishman, an upcoming Scorsese movie that will star Al Pacino, Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci. Do we have a thread for it? Or any updates about release dates and such?

I'll give it another try if it comes on tv. 

• Like 1

Man, that film is old. I remembered liking it a lot when I first watch it. You remind me, I'll see if I could find it online or at my library for a rewatch.

I watched it on TCM. It was interesting and a big departure from his later roles. Yeah I went through my Pacino phase and watched all of his movies at least once. Nothing beats The Godfather though. Nothing even comes close in my book. Everybody I know loves Scarface. I do too but he was just too cool in TG.

• Like 1

I am about to watch Elysium for the first time. I remember I was anticipating this for a while and never got around to seeing it.

Watch out for dat Sharlto Copley.
  • Like 5