1 hour ago, Gamora said:

All the IMAX sessions have sold out today (the 10pm has a single non-wheelchair seat left), and like I said in the main thread I had people who must've bought the wheelchair seats and were standing at the back of the theatre, so it was truly sold out. And looking through the sessions for all Events showings they're all mostly either sold out or have limited seats left, so it's fair enough to be optimistic about OD for this.

And I saw Rth mention that the Aussie websites were having a shit fit today and I remembered that the Reading one was down for a few hours since I was trying to check how those sessions were going. Hoyts was also slow the one time I checked that, so I guess Events was the only one to hold up here, too.

Maybe @Rth Infinity will grace our own thread on this fine ANZAC day :ph34r:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Ran out of likes so here is an emoticon

:ohmygod:

@aabattery do You have a list of top OD?

Gone back and had a look for you.

TFA was the biggest cause Star Wars. It did 1.567M for a 4.5M weekend. TLJ had a 1M OD and that went on to have the second biggest weekend of all time here at 3M. The Avengers did 1M on Wednesday way back in 2012, so 20% increase from that. TA *might* have had midnight's as well which IW didn't, but I'm not 100% sure on that. That 1M OD for TA was the record before TFA broke it. TA had a 4-day weekend total of 2M. The Wednesday opening is probably gonna soften the true weekend here but should be in for some big numbers regardless.

BP and T:R both had OD's of about 350k, so 1.2M is a big increase over those.

Top 3 should be something like:

TFA - 1.567M

TA - 1.020M

TLJ - 1.012M

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Rthanos said:

IW 2nd day looking to blow TFA 2nd day out of the ballpark

Whoa. I'm not quite sure how big that is since I can't find how big TFA's 2nd day was on the MPDA site, but it sounds impressive!

edit: TLJ did 600k and was 35% down from TFA overall, so I'm assuming TFA was around 810k? 1m 2nd day for IW inbound? :jeb!:

10 hours ago, aabattery said:

Gone back and had a look for you.

TFA was the biggest cause Star Wars. It did 1.567M for a 4.5M weekend. TLJ had a 1M OD and that went on to have the second biggest weekend of all time here at 3M. The Avengers did 1M on Wednesday way back in 2012, so 20% increase from that. TA *might* have had midnight's as well which IW didn't, but I'm not 100% sure on that. That 1M OD for TA was the record before TFA broke it. TA had a 4-day weekend total of 2M. The Wednesday opening is probably gonna soften the true weekend here but should be in for some big numbers regardless.

BP and T:R both had OD's of about 350k, so 1.2M is a big increase over those.

Top 3 should be something like:

TFA - 1.567M

TA - 1.020M

TLJ - 1.012M

TFA 1.618

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ran some theoretical numbers for the weekend and dare I say there is an outside shot of this getting over 3M for 4-day weekend. Might be screwing up some math there but that'd be a remarkable performance. 2nd highest OW of all-time despite burning off a ton of demand on Wednesday. Massive 50% increase over the first Avengers as well.

23 hours ago, Rthanos said:

IW 2nd day looking to blow TFA 2nd day out of the ballpark

5 hours ago, Rthanos said:

IW 2nd day , should be around 865k

Biggest non-opening Thu

2nd biggest 2nd day behind TFA

Drat, crumbling already. 

• Sad 1

I imagine the later showings on a weekday were a lot weaker than what TFA would've had on a Friday night. Super interested to see how it did today. I'm hoping it stayed about flat so we can get a real juicy 4-day number.

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I imagine the later showings on a weekday were a lot weaker than what TFA would've had on a Friday night. Super interested to see how it did today. I'm hoping it stayed about flat so we can get a real juicy 4-day number.

Yeah, since it’s a 2nd day Thurs vs 2nd day Fri can’t really draw much from it. Very interested to how the remaining 3 days can compare. By the way, is there a particular central score that captures audience reception in NZ such as RT, Maoyan, or cinema score? If not, do you have any impression of what the reception seems to be?

1 minute ago, Sliver Legion said:

Yeah, since it’s a 2nd day Thurs vs 2nd day Fri can’t really draw much from it. Very interested to how the remaining 3 days can compare. By the way, is there a particular central score that captures audience reception in NZ such as RT, Maoyan, or cinema score? If not, do you have any impression of what the reception seems to be?

Yeah, nah. Not really a big enough place to justify that kind of thing. Most people use the American sites.

Anecdotally, people in my class today said it was great. Theatre was pretty buzzy after I left as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sliver Legion said:

None that I know of.

I've seen twice now at the Queen St IMAX and reception from the audience was fantastic. There was clapping when the movie started, cheering during the film (which is really rare here), and lots of positive talk (that I could hear) during the credits and after. 

• Like 2