4 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

-30.2% drop for Thor

-37.7% drop for MOTOE

-46% drop for JL

Thor has now crossed IM3 and is about 135k behind AoU. Should cross that too by next week.

What is the highest grossing MCU movie in NZ as well as the highest grossing SH movie of all time?

It hasn't crossed IM3 yet. I made a list a couple of pages back.

• Thanks 1

Thor moving from 4th last weekend to 3rd this weekend, and only dropping like 7% if I'm working it out correctly ($173K last weekend vs $162K this weekend).

Looking at @ReyReyBattery's MCU list on the last page, it also means its total has now gone past IM3's $6,731,701, with Ragnarok's current cume of $6.74M being the #3 MCU earner in NZ.

Edited by Gamora
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, ReyReyBattery said:

Fantastic hold for Thor. Could feasibly leap over JL next weekend.

Pretty much locked to go over AoU now. Second best in the MCU. 

It's great how it's still going strong, I saw it on Saturday afternoon in IMAX at the only showing there that day, and there was a very reasonable number of people there for a film that's in its 7th weekend. And then last night I was checking the IMAX screening at 8pm and it had sold about 90 tickets which is pretty amazing for a Sunday night in general, let alone for a film that's been out so long. Makes me wonder how much longer it could've gone if TLJ wasn't going to suck the air out of everything this week.

• Like 1

Wonderful for Thor! 

The Avengers remained MCU best over there huh. Wonder if IW has a chance to best that? Maybe not considering the exchange rate (should have gotten Taika on director’s chair for IW, Marvel) 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sam said:

Wonderful for Thor! 

The Avengers remained MCU best over there huh. Wonder if IW has a chance to best that? Maybe not considering the exchange rate (should have gotten Taika on director’s chair for IW, Marvel) 

It's got a shot if they throw in Korg.

Hopefully they have time for reshoots.

• Like 1

There's a (very) small chance that this could hit 5M USD if it has some really good holds over the holidays. I wouldn't count on it but it's numbers are a lot higher than Doctor Strange, so it might be able to hold onto some screens over the new year.

3 hours ago, ReyReyBattery said:

For comparisons sake:

TFA OD - $1,567,000 (give or a take a few hundred, number I found wasn't that specific)

TFA OW - $4,507,434

RO OD - $792,000 (including midnights)

RO OW - $2,211,214

Woah @ those TFA numbers, talk about killing it. It'll be interesting to see how TLJ does in comparison, especially since, for example, there aren't any 3am and 6am IMAX sessions like there were for TFA. And for some reason they still don't have any IMAX sessions after 2pm for opening day? They don't have any other film in there (because that would be completely insane), so I'm wondering what's going on there, they're scheduling it very late.

The midnight IMAX also finally sold out, but it only had wheelchair seats left for weeks so it was already basically sold out anyway. I'm definitely going to enjoy my viewing there tomorrow night. :ohmygod:

3 minutes ago, Gamora said:

Woah @ those TFA numbers, talk about killing it. It'll be interesting to see how TLJ does in comparison, especially since, for example, there aren't any 3am and 6am IMAX sessions like there were for TFA. And for some reason they still don't have any IMAX sessions after 2pm for opening day? They don't have any other film in there (because that would be completely insane), so I'm wondering what's going on there, they're scheduling it very late.

The midnight IMAX also finally sold out, but it only had wheelchair seats left for weeks so it was already basically sold out anyway. I'm definitely going to enjoy my viewing there tomorrow night. :ohmygod:

The whole Queen Street schedule is really odd. There's nothing after the 4:10PM showing till 9:20PM. I have no idea what's going on there.

4 minutes ago, ReyReyBattery said:

The whole Queen Street schedule is really odd. There's nothing after the 4:10PM showing till 9:20PM. I have no idea what's going on there.

I just had a look and yah, that's weird. I did think it looked a bit sparse when I was looking at the IMAX ones but I kinda focused on that type only because it's not like I'm gonna see a ~regular screening, pfftt. The only crazy theory I can come up with is they're expecting a fuckton of walkups and don't want to turn tons of people away, so they'll wait until tomorrow (or maybe Thursday?) to add the sessions? Just my personal crazy theory.

And having a look at the Thor sessions, it looks like it's still getting 5 screenings a day at Queen St even after TLJ comes out, so that's a nice surprise. Usually MCU films don't last much past 6-7 weeks, but as we've seen it's been holding well so I guess they think it's worth it.

And oh shit, I just saw this page: https://www.eventcinemas.co.nz/Cinema/Queen-Street/Promotions/StarWarsJediPosterScreenings#cinemas=502

Gimme those free collectible posters! Although I can't actually find any designs besides the first one online with Luke and Rey training. I'm too paranoid to go looking right now due to spoilers so I guess I'll have to find out what they look like later.

• Like 1