CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

Is that a good number? It looks like a good number.

That is quite good. Asia/Brazil has come on board and so it should beat the 1st one in OS. If you take out China OD( 10.4M), I think it can make another 150M from rest and another 100M from China. So around 525M OS is the target. If its legs are good in OS then there is remote chance it can crack 800M WW( 575 OS/225M DOM).

• Like 1

I know it's perfectly fine to do but I'm always suspicious of these nice round numbers in opening weekend estimates. $92.0 figure just bugs me. It just feels like it's gonna drop. :(

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Lol, my top WW weekends in the Summer game just got devastated. 

• Like 3

I know it's perfectly fine to do but I'm always suspicious of these nice round numbers in opening weekend estimates. $92.0 figure just bugs me. It just feels like it's gonna drop. :(

The Sunday projection is slightly optimistic, just looking at CA2's drop. That movie had better WOM too.

I don't think TASM 2 will crash and burn next week. WOM doesn't seem bad. It will drop pretty normally

Normal is still 60%+. CA2 dropped close to that with much stronger WOM. I am thinking drop around 62% and then another drop in mid 50's when Godzilla opens. 

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is just all kinds of sad; that  worst case scenario performance that's almost as crazy as the biggest breakouts. It's going to end at most $2m above Battlefield Earth.  :lol:

Damn, $370m ww total already? That's really good, no?

Yes and no...majority of the opening markets are in their third weekend already.  So it is slowing down significantly in most markets that opened around that time.  

Still China, France and Brasil that just opened should add a considerable amount of cash.

X-MEN: DOTFP has probably the worst marketing for a movie that's coming out in 3 weeks and no, the Hardee's commercial doesn't cut it either.. This is a movie made strictly for hardcore X-MEN fans, the one's who turned out for WOLVERINE and it's sequel is who'll turn out for this.. GODZILLA is going to murder DOTFP..

I don't understand this... Days of Future Past actually looks really good to me. The marketing sucked up until March, but since then it's been firing on all cylinders IMO