CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

To be honest how would a 5th CA/Superman/IM/Thor** in 12 years perform? 

Yes, nobody asked Sony to do it this way, but it's done. And no other superhero could have done any better in the same scenario.

**you will see how I did not include Batman in my comparison. He will kick ass no matter what. Hail Batman.

Yo, so for my double feature, should I see TASM2 first or Cap 2 first? I'm leaning towards Cap if just because I've seen twice already :P

Pay for Cap 2. Sneak into TASM

According to B.O. Twitter #s are less than 1/2 what Captain America did opening days and it's been trending lower in the weeks leading up to the opening.  As a more family geared film though I thought that would be normal

Twitter Index Updated: Fri May 02 at 09:27PM PDT Film # Tweets 1 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 43,570 2 The Fault in Our Stars 29,899 3 Divergent 16,150 4 Captain America: The Winter Soldier 11,912 5 Maleficent 7,967 6 Godzilla (2014) 7,923 7 22 Jump Street 5,657 8 X-Men: Days of Future Past 5,233

According to B.O. Twitter #s are less than 1/2 what Captain America did opening days and it's been trending lower in the weeks leading up to the opening.  As a more family geared film though I thought that would be normal Twitter Index Updated: Fri May 02 at 09:27PM PDT Film # Tweets 1The Amazing Spider-Man 2 43,570 2The Fault in Our Stars 29,899 3Divergent 16,150 4Captain America: The Winter Soldier 11,912 5Maleficent 7,967 6Godzilla (2014) 7,923 722 Jump Street 5,657 8X-Men: Days of Future Past 5,233

Yeah but our these WW or US. Because Spideys already been out 2 weeks everywhere else so twitter hype may be softer

I haven't time to look at Twitter yet. So it's busy recently? Cause last time I checked, I found that Twitter activity was strangely low for a big movie opening early OS in many territories. 

Tumblr, which is pretty much a Marvel-filled land, has been on the quieter side as well.

It's been trending all evening in the U.S.

• Like 1

To be honest how would a 5th CA/Superman/IM/Thor** in 12 years perform? 

Yes, nobody asked Sony to do it this way, but it's done. And no other superhero could have done any better in the same scenario.

**you will see how I did not include Batman in my comparison. He will kick ass no matter what. Hail Batman.

Except ASM2 is going to make about twice what Batman Begins did WW

Me neither. 

Have you watched the movie yet, E?

Yes i watched it last night. It was good to me. It was a little hoaky but not a bad movie at all. It was mostly the Gwen and Peter love story and his struggles to overcome his abandonment issues everything else including the villains took a backseat to their relationship.  It's no masterpiece but I enjoyed it for what it was. This film has some really fantastic looking scenes when Spiderman was doing his thing. But imo there wasn't enough of them to satisfy action junkies. 

• Like 1

I've been told that the kids in junior high and high school these days use Twitter more than Facebook. If there's any demographic that wouldn't be put off by a second Spider-man series so soon after the last, it's them. 

That sounds about right based on the content of the tweets I'm reading, lol.

• Like 1