CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

That s what scarjo s skin usually does to male reptilian brains.

Not in the way you think... :lol:FYI, though, there's tons of nekkid ScarJo in it. (On the downside, usually unsettling things are also happening at the same time).

Was it good? You said Locke was the best movie of the year. Or is it you can't get Scarlett Johannson out of your head.

LOCKE is still the best movie I've seen this year, but UNDER THE SKIN is just behind it. I think. Man, it's a weird, unsettling movie. But really good. Like UPSTREAM COLOR but more disturbing.
  • Like 3

LOCKE is still the best movie I've seen this year, but UNDER THE SKIN is just behind it. I think. Man, it's a weird, unsettling movie. But really good. Like UPSTREAM COLOR but more disturbing.

Fuck, I've been lazy. I need to see it soon.

• Like 1

I don't like disturbing movies. I can't watch them.

Completely different overseas market. And I do mean completely different. Hell, it's very different from even two years ago, never mind 9 years ago.

Of course but Spider-men films were doing $400-550m plus O/S in 2002, 2004 and 2007.

Batman '89 did  $160.2m  in 1989!  & Batman Begins did $167.4m in 2005 

Batman had to work it's way back up to O/S popularity

Spider-Man: $418,002,176 in 2002

Spider-Man 2:  $410,180,516 in 2004

The Dark Knight $469,700,000 in 2008

Spider-man 3 made: $554,341,323 in 2007

DKR:  $636,300,000  in 2012

ASM: $490m in 2012

Internationally, Spider-man was bigger than Batman until DKR 5 years later and the reboot has knocked Spiderman behind. 

It'll get to you. I just described some scenes to Mrs Tele and she said, "Now I'm really glad I didn't see it."

Mmmmm. I'd love to see Locke as well, but money's tight. 

Edited by RichWS

Of course but Spider-men films were doing $400-550m plus O/S in 2002, 2004 and 2007.

Batman '89 did  $160.2m  in 1989!  & Batman Begins did $167.4m in 2005 

Batman had to work it's way back up to O/S popularity

Spider-Man: $418,002,176 in 2002

Spider-Man 2:  $410,180,516 in 2004

The Dark Knight $469,700,000 in 2008

Spider-man 3 made: $554,341,323 in 2007

DKR:  $636,300,000  in 2012

ASM: $490m in 2012

Internationally, Spider-man was bigger than Batman until DKR 5 years later and the reboot has knocked Spiderman behind. 

I am very aware of the box office history. You were comparing ASM2 to Batman Begins. Extremely flawed comparison.

• Like 1

Your comparing the box office of BB to TASM2? Seriously?

I was comparing the popularity across years in films between Spiderman and Batman  after a2k stated:

To be honest how would a 5th CA/Superman/IM/Thor** in 12 years perform? 

Yes, nobody asked Sony to do it this way, but it's done. And no other superhero could have done any better in the same scenario.

**you will see how I did not include Batman in my comparison. He will kick ass no matter what. Hail Batman.

Edited by TalismanRing

Then stop seeing junk like TASM and see both! :)

Oh, I haven't nor plan on seeing TASM! NYC is just damn expensive to see flicks, as I'm sure LA is! There's also Only Lovers Left Alive to see. Decisions!

• Like 1