CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

Is dat new BTW? Didn't know that was a no-no.

Newish. I think it was because of the Wrestling hijacking by BKB and co a few weeks ago

• Like 1

Just got back.

Think this movie is getting trashed way more than it deserves.

Yes, it does have a few problems.  Electro is a weak villain and the character is very undeveloped.  Every time he was on screen I just wanted it to get back to Dahaan, who blew Foxx out of the water.  Ever since Chronicle I knew that kid was going to do big things.  These films are still so much more fun than Raimi's trilogy ever was and I think that's crucial to keeping true with the tone of the comic.  Everyone wants superhero movies to be so damn serious all the time and sometimes that's okay (i.e. Nolan's trilogy) but sometimes it's nice to have a lot of jokes thrown in.

For me, though, it is the love story here that made me like it so much.  I was trying to think if any other superhero movie has had the chemistry that Garfield and Stone have and I can't come up with anything that tops it.  They're just great.  The best parts of this film is when it slows down to let them just interact.

This gives the ending so much more gravity. The slow motion shot of Gwen falling ruined me. And I knew it was coming. Stone nailed that close up. The sound of her hitting at the bottom is not something I'll soon forget.

Again, it has some issues, but for me they almost deal exclusively with Electro.  I know they couldn't just do another Green Goblin type film because there was already a consensus that the first film was just another retelling but he was just a very weak villain.  Still, Andrew and Emma carry this film beautifully.  It's much better than the first (which I know for some isn't saying much, but I enjoyed that film enough) and I would like to catch it again in theaters, maybe in 3D.

8/10.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 1

On what page are the numbers?

The only numbers are for Spidey and they are really early estimates. Rth gave an update a couple of hours ago. Sam quoted his post.

The only numbers are for Spidey and they are really early estimates. Rth gave an update a couple of hours ago. Sam quoted his post.

Okey. But any idea where so i dont have to read 55 pages :)And does the 35 mill incl midnight?

For me, though, it is the love story here that made me like it so much.  I was trying to think if any other superhero movie has had the chemistry that Garfield and Stone have and I can't come up with anything that tops it.  They're just great.  The best parts of this film is when it slows down to let them just interact.

I won't be seeing it until Sunday so I can't comment on ASM2, but this is the best romantic chemistry I've seen in the superhero genre so far:

• Like 1

Okey. But any idea where so i dont have to read 55 pages :)

And does the 35 mill incl midnight?

Yes includes midnights

Rth, on 02 May 2014 - 8:12 PM, said:Posted Image

atm i might make 32-35 32-34, not sure right now it would get to 35 at high end will see only thing in its favor is more theatres its playing at but that doesn't always mean bigger BO