CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

Just extrapolating a bit for TOW:

If it can increase by 40% today it will drop less than 35%

I'm sure this was a climatic weekend for those at Superherohype. :)

Because a lot of them don't follow the nuances of the box office, they will look at this as being a massive increase from the 62 mill the first did in 2012.  

There are predictions there of ASM doing between 1.2-1.5 billion WW.  Not kidding.

• Like 7

What's a 35% drop in $$$? Does it put it on course for 100m?

IMO, yes.  It will all depend on how much Neighbors hits it next weekend.  I think they can co-exist.  So again, imo, if it can drop less than 45% next weekend, I think 100M is a possibility.

Because a lot of them don't follow the nuances of the box office, they will look at this as being a massive increase from the 62 mill the first did in 2012.  

There are predictions there of ASM doing between 1.2-1.5 billion WW.  Not kidding.

We're not stupid enough not to know TASM debuted on Tuesday. 

We're not stupid enough not to know TASM debuted on Tuesday. 

Not you, but I read some of the posts there and there are some members who didn't.

If Neighbors opens to 45M+ (which it may being the first R rated comedy in a while) TASM2 maybe relegated to 2nd place next weekend.

Hmmm. Yeah that would make sense. Would Neighbors have a big impact on Godzilla?

All of these were the Labor Day holidays. Good openings, but expected to some extent.

Did films last year that opened on Labor holiday break records? Hmm.

Edited by kayumanggi

iJack predictions don't count.

Not to be a party-pooper, but there's a very slight scent of fudge in the air...

That's funny.  I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't want to rain on the happy parade.

• Like 1

iJack predictions don't count.

Do the other 20 count?

Go look in the ASM2 box office thread.  Or ask Ron Swanson to.  It's all there.  There was a poll done, easy to find.

• Like 2

Did films last year that opened on Labor holiday broke records? Hmm.

No Hollywood movie opened on May Day last year. IM3 kept it's momentum from a week earlier going.Like I have said before Spider-Man is a huge brand in India. NOT breaking the OD record would have been a disappointment.