riczhang

Year 8 Oscar Picks (VOTING CLOSED see P.5 for details)

Eh screw itReservedBEST PICTUREBEST DIECTORBEST ACTORBEST ACTRESSBEST SPPORTING ACTORBEST SUPPORTING ACTRESSBEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAYBEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAYBEST ANIMATED FEATUREBEST VOICE ACTOR/ACTRESSBEST VOICE ACTOR/ACTRESS in a SUPPORTING ROLEBEST ORIGINAL SCOREBEST ORIGINAL SONGBEST SOUND EDITING

Slowly making progress, I see.

• Like 1

Ha-Ha. That review is hilarious

Yeah... Then he chickened out and didn't give To The Moon a original review. I still remember him to this day for that.

Eh screw itReservedBEST PICTURE The Bronx is Burning Flowers for Algernon The Giver The Legend of Redwall Mushishi BEST ENSEMBLE The Bronx is Burning Flowers for Algernon The Giver Mushishi StarCraft: Brood WarBEST DIRECTOR Danny Boyle- The Who's Tommy Tim Burton- Flowers for Algernon Guillermo del Toro- Mushishi David Lynch- The Giver Martin Scorsese- The Bronx is BurningBEST ACTOR Preston Bailey- The Giver Colin Farrell- Mushishi Jared Leto- Flowers for Algernon Liam Neeson- Resonance Stanley Tucci- The Bronx is BurningBEST ACTRESS Rose Byrne- The Who's Tommy Isla Fisher- Flowers for Algernon Jennifer Lawrence- A Love to Die For Natalie Portman- Dracula Sigourney Weaver- MushishiBEST SUPPORTING ACTOR Gael Garcia Bernal- Resonance Jeff Bridges- The Giver Chiwetel Ejiofer- The Bronx is Burning Gary Oldman- The Most Dangerous Game Ty Simpkins- MushishiBEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS Berenice Bejo- The Concert's End Rose Byrne- Mushishi Helena Bonham Carter- Flowers for Algernon Salma Hayek- Resonance Julia Louis-Dreyfus- Cinema StudiesBEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY The Bronx is Burning Flowers for Algernon The Giver The Legend of Redwall MushishiBEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY The Academy Cinema Studies The Concert's End The Deadline ResonanceBEST ANIMATED FEATURE Avatar: The Last Airbender- The Search Catch that Pigeon! Hand Drawn Heroes The Legend of Redwall Thomas was AloneBEST VOICE ACTOR/ACTRESS Dante Basco- Avatar: The Last Airbender- The Search Jesse Eisenberg- The Legend of Redwall Nicholas Hoult- Chessmen Neil Patrick Harris- Hand Drawn Heroes Andy Serkis- Catch that Pigeon!BEST VOICE ACTOR/ACTRESS in a SUPPORTING ROLE Mark Hammil- Hand Drawn Heroes John Hamm- StarCraft: Brood War John Hurt- The Legend of Redwall Keith Szarabajka- Dragon Age: Awakening Alan Tudyk- The Dresden Files: Stormfront BEST ORIGINAL SCORE The Giver- Angelo Badalamenti Hand Drawn Heroes- Danny Elfman The Legend of Redwall- Alan Menken Mushishi- Joe Hiasaska Resonance- Clint MansellBEST ORIGINAL SONG "Alcohol of Flame" from Keg Party "Catch that Pigeon" from Catch that Pigeon! "Everyone Needs a Home" from Flowers of Algernon "Please Let me Know" from The Who's Tommy "The World is Waiting" from Hand Drawn HeroesBEST SOUND EDITING At the Mountains of Madness Dragon Age: Awakening Mushishi Resonance StarCraft: Brood WarBEST SOUND MIXING The Bronx is Burning Dragon Age: Awakening Mushishi Pompeii Resonance BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN At the Mountains of Madness The Concert's End The Giver Mushishi The Who's TommyBEST CINEMATOGRAPHY The Bronx is Burning The Concert's End The Giver Mushishi ResonanceBEST MAKEUP The Concert's End Dracula The Giver Mushishi StarCraft: Brood WarBEST COSTUME DESIGN The Academy The Concert's End Flowers for Algernon The Giver MushishiBEST FILM EDITING The Bronx is Burning Flowers for Algernon The Giver Midnight in the Afghan Valley MushishiBEST VISUAL EFFECTS At the Mountains of Madness Dragon Age: Awakening Mushishi Pompeii StarCraft: Brood WarBEST USE OF ACTION Dragon Age: Awakening Pompeii Resonance StarCraft: Brood War Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Really sad that Uncharted 2 wasn't in many other categories. It could've been included in most of my technical categories. Probably the best live-action blockbuster of the year, better than StarCraft
  • Like 1

Great picks, Rorschach. If I could like them again, I would.

Although, now I think about it, am I the only one kinda confused by the number of nods Resonance is getting for Best Use of Action? I mean, I know it's a Liam Neeson movie and all, but there wasn't that much action in it.

Great picks, Rorschach. If I could like them again, I would.

Although, now I think about it, am I the only one kinda confused by the number of nods Resonance is getting for Best Use of Action? I mean, I know it's a Liam Neeson movie and all, but there wasn't that much action in it.

I did have it considered for Best Use of Action, considering it's a psychological horror film and there's lots of intense sequences. I figured people would want some bigger action movies to get nominated, but I guess it means more nods for me.

*looking at everyone's Oscar picks*

Zip-a-dee-do-da, zip-a-dee-day, my oh my, what a wonderful day...

I have a STRONG feeling that Mushishi is going to be a VERY big player at the oscars.

Still doesn't look like it's getting that Best Picture nom though.

Dammit guys, stop crimping on my Eeyore vibes.

Posted Image

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go moan about how Mushishi is probably going to flop.

Seriously though, Best Picture aside, it actually looks like Mushishi is going to do really well at the Oscars. Sure, we've still got riczhang and Numbers's full lists to come in, but i'm feeling pretty good about its chances.

Blame Alpha for making a crazy load of OCs. Greedy bastard! :P

Yeah, he sure outplayed us this year. He just went like 'Fuck that, I quit' and then he came back. I tell you, the quitting thing was only there to make us think he couldn't take this game serious, and that way we let out guard down. That's when he stabbed us in the back

• Like 4

Due to some unfortunate circumstances in my personal life today involving me and other motor vehicles, I'm gonna close voting now because if I don't tabulate the votes now, I won't have time to for quite a while. So yeah. VOTING CLOSED. :D

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1