Films

The Walk | Zemeckis, Joseph Gordon-Levitt | Sep. 30, 2015 in IMAX 3D | Wide Release on Oct. 9

For some reason it just hit me that we probably have this odd Fall traffic jam due to TFA. Nothing wants to be near that (or to a lesser extent Spectre and MJ2), so instead we're getting more movies with 100m potential crammed into the Fall season.

I never actually even considered that (I always thought it was just because adult dramas have done well in the past few Octobers studios just went overboard) but you're probably right to a big extent!
  • Like 2

I don't know if that's really true. The week after Star Wars is logjammed to high heaven. Of course, if you're a male-skewing prestige movie from a popular director you're probably not going to want to go straight up against it.

You don't need to backtrack :) obviously TFA isn't the only reason (there are many many other factors) but it is certainly an I retesting observation.
  • Like 1

The IMAX preview looks good, and I have no doubt the IMAX scenes featuring the WTC will rival the spectacle of the Burj Khalifa scene from MI4. The question of course is whether there is a good story to tell around the sure to be great IMAX scenes.

It's Robert Zemeckis. He's one of the finest filmmakers out there when it comes to combining the latest technology with heartfelt storytelling.

• Like 3

I'd probably say second or third for me (with first being The Martian and then this and Steve Jobs being 2/3)

Time to rank October anticipation :P

1. The Martian

2. Goosebumps

3. The Walk

4. Bridge of Spies

5. Steve Jobs

6. Pan

7. Crimson Peak

8. Everything Else

• Like 1

Hm. Mine are probably:

1. The Assassin

2. Steve Jobs

3. Bridge of Spies

4. Room (So great. Saw it at TIFF and have a press screening and interview with the director next week.)

5. Truth (Saw it at TIFF. Loved it.)

6. Crimson Peak

7. The Martian

8. Burnt

9. Suffragette

I'm see The Walk at a press screening next week. Meh.

• Like 2