Films

The Walk | Zemeckis, Joseph Gordon-Levitt | Sep. 30, 2015 in IMAX 3D | Wide Release on Oct. 9

He just is so smug and pandering and insincere. I've always like him, but between this and Don Jon I'm flipped.

I'm not even surprised.

I'm just even imagining Levitt doing a French accent and I practically want to punch John Lithgow for employing him in the first place.

• Like 1

the producer of the movie says it in the making of.

I'm pretty sure Bullock calls the movie fantasy in her interviews about the film.

It's an amazing film, but it is. Even if it skews more realistic than say,..Star Wars.

I don't think the filmmakers were under any illusion Gravity was uber realistic.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Bullock calls the movie fantasy in her interviews about the film.

It's an amazing film, but it is. Even if it skews more realistic than say,..Star Wars.

I don't think the filmmakers were under any illusion Gravity was uber realistic.

I don't think the (good) arguments for Gravity being a sci-fi are related to the movie realism.

Someone said, I think it was Tele, that Gravity is a sci-fi because the space programs featured in the movie were discontinued years ago, so it's like another reality from another dimension where things happened differently.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

I'm seeing this in fake IMAX today instead of the real one that has a six story screen. I'm not prone to vertigo and usually would prefer the latter kind of IMAX but seeing this particular movie on such an insanely large screen seems like way too much.

I have an awful fear of heights and get sick looking down from a height. I'm definitely seeing this in 3D on the biggest screen possible - if I feel nauseous then it's a success and gets five stars from me. Probably.

• Like 2

I have an awful fear of heights and get sick looking down from a height. I'm definitely seeing this in 3D on the biggest screen possible - if I feel nauseous then it's a success and gets five stars from me. Probably.

I'm fearless when it comes to heights and I still was saying "oh shit" every few scenes. I did get used to though.

And by my very mixed review I am about to put out I guess I didn't think that was enough.

Edited by TStechnij
  • Like 1

Yeah. I'm acrophobic, too. When I saw Ghost Protocol on IMAX, I was pressing myself back into the chair during the Dubai sequence. It was awesome.

• Like 1

it flopped. the premise of this movie doesnt warrant a movie.

The previous version of this movie was a box office success and won an Oscar, so you might be alone thinking that.

Darn, it's hard to watch a movie flop. Hoping the movie is still good, but I don't like these numbers.

Flopping at box office has nothing to do with quality.

• Like 1