Films

The Walk | Zemeckis, Joseph Gordon-Levitt | Sep. 30, 2015 in IMAX 3D | Wide Release on Oct. 9

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice

Sony will now release THE WALK exclusively on IMAX 3D and other select screens on Sep. 30, 2015.

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice

THE WALK will now go into wide release on Oct. 9, 2015.

Surprised they've only moved back a week. October 9th is going to be pretty packed with Walk, Pan and Steve Jobs, I reckons Steve Jobs will move to either October 23rd or November.

• Like 2

Surprised they've only moved back a week. October 9th is going to be pretty packed with Walk, Pan and Steve Jobs, I reckons Steve Jobs will move to either October 23rd or November.

Pan should win this weekend pretty easily, i think 28-30m.

The Walk:15-17m

Steve Jobs: 14-15m

Pan is the weakest out of the bunch. It will flop

Pan will be fine because it targets a completely different demographic from the rest of the films. Bridge of Spies or this are probably the film that's gonna end up getting whooped in the ass

Steve Jobs must move now. The IMAX schedule is even funnier. Everest, Walk and Pan are all gonna get IMAX. I assume The Martian and Maze Runner 2 will also be released in the format, even if just OS. Lol.

• Like 1

Pan is the weakest out of the bunch. It will flop

Most of the October films are for adult film-goers. 

Pan caters to a younger family-type audience, so it's not going to be completely killed. I think it can open to respectable numbers and get to atleast 60m. I still dont like this release date, should have opened in December.

Edited by babz06

Why don't more movies release in December of this year? Are they that afraid of Star Wars? IT has been proven that multiple films can coexist in December holidays. 

There are a few movies there already. Christmas day is a bloodbath. Weekend before Star Wars is too far away from the holidays and everything will get slaughtered by SW one week after (In The Heart of the Sea is already there and something similar happened to Exodus last year). 

• Like 1

Pan will be fine because it targets a completely different demographic from the rest of the films. Bridge of Spies or this are probably the film that's gonna end up getting whooped in the ass

I could see Jobs getting the short end. I dont see Bridge of Spies underperforming whatsoever. Pan will hopefully do okay, I'm just worried about how many screens these films will get.
  • Like 1

Pan Has a bigger budget than The Walk & Bridge Of Spies. The Walk & Bridge Of Spies will do fine....it's Pan that I'm Worried about more than the other two

• Like 1

Pan Has a bigger budget than The Walk & Bridge Of Spies. The Walk & Bridge Of Spies will do fine....it's Pan that I'm Worried about more than the other two

Pan will be big enough Overseas that it won't be too big of a loss, if at all.

Edited by Ethan Hunt