Films

The Walk | Zemeckis, Joseph Gordon-Levitt | Sep. 30, 2015 in IMAX 3D | Wide Release on Oct. 9

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=clouds2015.htmStarring Joseph Gordon Levitt and Ben KingsleyBased on to reach the clouds which are phillipe petits memoirsFrom comingsoon.comNext, on October 2, 2015, the studio will release an as yet untitled film directed by Robert Zemeckis, based on Philippe Petit's memoirs "To Reach the Clouds," and starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ben Kingsley, Charlotte LeBon and James Badge Dale. More men have walked on the moon than have walked between the World Trade Center Towers, and no one ever will again. But with this immersive, photorealistic 3D film, which will also be in IMAX 3D, moviegoers will feel as if they have done so -- an ultimate "big screen" experience. A fun, visual caper movie for all ages, the film is written by Robert Zemeckis and Chris Browne and produced by Robert Zemeckis, Steve Starkey and Jack Rapke, with Jackie Levine and Cherylanne Martin executive producing.Commenting on the announcement, Blake said, "These are auspicious dates with a great history. We are confident that summer moviegoers will respond to another classic Meryl Streep character, and in the fall, as we saw with 'Gravity' on this same date, the first weekend in October is prime real estate for a visually-stunning 3D experiential film. I'm confident that these dates will be the right time for audiences to connect with these special movies."

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 4

Yeah, seriously it's a great story and if the 3d is gonna be as awesome as they're claiming (which doesn't seem unlikely given Zemeckis' love of pushing visual boundaries) that could create interest. 

Dude is one of my favorite filmmakers. I need him to make a good movie again!

• Like 3

I'm not 100% sold on this project but I can tell you the high-wire sequence is gonna be one of the best of next year. Srsly, even though I kinda hated Flight if it was just a short film depicting that plane crash it would be A+.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 3