Films

Wednesday Numbers. THE AMAZING YOU NEED TO GO AND SEE OTHER WOMAN- 1.2M, TASM2- 4.1M

I still love that 300-something people saw The Nut Job yesterday. People should be lining up in droves to see the year's best film!

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 4

The Tuesday jump for TASM2 was too big not to have a big Wednesday drop too.

Over 25% is a stone cold lock, and frankly over 30% seems fairly likely too.

Edited by kitik
  • Like 1

THE OTHER WOMAN took in $1.245M on Wednesday. Domestic total now stands at $51.4M. #TheOtherWoman

RIO 2 took in $0.34M on Wednesday. Domestic total now stands at $107.7M. #Rio2

EDIT:

TOW -18.9% after a +47.5% tue

RIO2 -23.6% after a +30.6% tue

Edited by a2k
  • Like 3

Checking in on the box office for the first time in a while-- 

Late April was a great release decision for The Other Woman. It has no competition until Blended, and by then it'll have made 75-ish million. 

Curious to see how Cap holds up against the upcoming tentpoles but it's already had a great run. I could see the sequel doing 300 if it keeps the May 2016 opening slot. 

Rio 2 has no competition until Dragon 2 (Dorothy of Oz whatever doesn't count) but it hasn't had a terribly impressive domestic run. Sort of a Cloudy 2 kind of performance.. not a sequel many families were really raring to see. 

Grand Budapest will finish with high 50s and that's just alright with me. Back to back hits for Anderson. 

Divergent performed like the first Twilight. Solid legs for a YA adaptation.

Heaven is For Real will finish in the 80s, continuing this weird successful faith-based film boom we've had so far this year. 

LOL Transcendance.

What's going to top LEGO as the year's #1 film? Cap, Godzilla and X-Men all have a shot methinks. 

• Like 1