Olive

Weekend Numbers (May 9-11) Neighbors 51.1 ASM2 37.2

Jackass 3D did 50M with 2.5M in October, why so low?

Very different release date.

Jackass was released during the fall, Neighbors is being released just as several College Students are about to leave for the summer.

Edited by Fancyarcher

I must be a box office noob or something, but I can't seem to estimate what the weekend will look like based on a Thursday preview number.

• Like 3

Very different release date.

Jackass was released during the fall, Neighbors is being released just as several College Students are about to leave for the summer.

Right very different date.

I must be a box office noob or something, but I can't seem to estimate what the weekend will look like based on a Thursday preview number.

Nobody can.  It's a good number for a comedy with no real built in audience.  But I don't think you can determine if it will make 45 or 35 from that number.

• Like 6

That probably locks in 35 and puts 40 a very, very likely possibility. Great start for a movie with no built in audience. More importantly, I'm on a roll to start the summer game this year.

• Like 2

Ted was $2.625m. Although that was pre-TDKR and would have been all midnight. It opened to $54.4 so $50m is the extreme ceiling for Neighbors. I'm thinking $41.6m.