Noctis

Most Emotional Scene in the Series

I've said this before, but I love this scene. It's different from the book in that Slughorn is basically sober during this scene and Harry has to actually reason with him. It makes both of their characters a lot stronger and is legitimately touching.

Edited by Jawa of the Dreadfort
  • Like 2

I've said this before, but I love this scene. It's different from the book in that Slughorn is basically sober during this scene and Harry has to actually reason with him. It makes both of their characters a lot stronger and is legitimately touching.

I wish every movie in the series was like HBP.

• Like 3

I thought Yates had the best films overall. He was really on his game for HBP and both DH films. OotP was essentially a warmup for him, but even that wasn't too shabby.

• Like 3

• Founder / Operator

Too many to count. POA and OOTP have... basically every scene with Oldman. GOF has some great ones in the climax. HBP has Dumbledore's fall. DH1 has Dobby and a few other moments. :(

And then DH2, which is basically an emotional rollercoaster in the final act.

• Like 2

A lot have already been posted...Godric's Hollow. 'Merry Christmas Harry'.Dobby's death, calling the trio his friends. That was touching.Cedric's father realising his boy is dead, and his cries of grief.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

I am an ignorant in Potter's world (I have not read the books. I just saw the movies), but I have always been fan of Severus Snape character and I had always thought that he had a good side. When it was revealed his true side and he died, it was quite shocking to me. For me, it is the best moment of the whole franchise.

Edited by peludo
  • Like 1

The reactions to Cedric's death. It was the first major onscreen death in the series and out of all the deaths, that one still resonates the most with me because of the way this scene was shot.

I love it. Harry arriving with the body on the grounds, weeping over it, and the crowd not noticing because they are busy cheering and the band is still playing the music. Then Fleur is the first one in the crowd who notices and begins to scream, followed by a perplexed Dumbledore and Fudge hurrying towards Harry. The buildup towards Cedric's father's heartbreaking reaction is just good direction. Wonderfully acted by everybody involved as well. This was the moment, both in the books and in the movies, that we, along with the characters, realize that things are NOT going to be the same as before. If there was a definitive moment where the series transitioned from a more kiddie friendly tone to a much darker one, then this would be it.

• Like 5

The reactions to Cedric's death. It was the first major onscreen death in the series and out of all the deaths, that one still resonates the most with me because of the way this scene was shot.

I love it. Harry arriving with the body on the grounds, weeping over it, and the crowd not noticing because they are busy cheering and the band is still playing the music. Then Fleur is the first one in the crowd who notices and begins to scream, followed by a perplexed Dumbledore and Fudge hurrying towards Harry. The buildup towards Cedric's father's heartbreaking reaction is just good direction. Wonderfully acted by everybody involved as well. This was the moment, both in the books and in the movies, that we, along with the characters, realize that things are NOT going to be the same as before. If there was a definitive moment where the series transitioned from a more kiddie friendly tone to a much darker one, then this would be it.

+1000000

That was easily the best scene in GoF. 

I get huge chills when Fudge goes up to Snape and McGonagall and says, "A boy has just been killed."

• Like 1

When it finally ended. 

I was filled with happiness that it would never grace our screens again.

Simply the worst blockbuster series of all time.

IMO.

• Like 3

When it finally ended. 

I was filled with happiness that it would never grace our screens again.

Simply the worst blockbuster series of all time.

IMO.

Eh...not buying it. lol.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if others find it emotional, but it's one of the hardest hitting scenes in the series. It's during Courtyard Apocalypse, when we find Lavender being eaten by Fenrir. The shot of her lifeless face staring into the screen was so shocking. 

Posted Image

• Like 1