A Marvel Fanboy

The Paramount Pictures Thread

2 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Does anyone know how well Paramount+ has been doing?

All of ViacomCBS streaming service including Paramount+ (the other big one is Showtime, also niche services with Noggin and BET+) is at 42m subscribers worldwide, should be a bit higher with the recent Australia rebranding and NFL returning which always gave CBS All Access (what Paramount+ was before it relaunched) a boost. 

ViacomCBS streaming revenue was at nearly $1B last quarter (this includes Pluto TV revenue on top of all the paid streaming services)

This post which I regularly update puts it in perspective vs. other companies (Netflix, Disney, Warner etc.) in terms of streaming. 

• Like 1

I'm guessing Hasbro will take Transformers elsewhere after Rise of the Beasts. Matt Shakman's Star Trek movie is probably either dead or a cheap Paramount+ affair. They sure as hell ain't putting out another big screen Star Trek after Beyond underperformed, especially when even the previous regime had trouble getting it off the ground.

It'll be interesting to see how many movies they do put out in theaters per year moving forward.

20 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I'm guessing Hasbro will take Transformers elsewhere after Rise of the Beasts. Matt Shakman's Star Trek movie is probably either dead or a cheap Paramount+ affair. They sure as hell ain't putting out another big screen Star Trek after Beyond underperformed, especially when even the previous regime had trouble getting it off the ground.

It'll be interesting to see how many movies they do put out in theaters per year moving forward.

Yeh that article specifically says the underperformance of the last Transformers and Star Trek films caused a staff shake up. 

On 9/25/2021 at 1:27 PM, SpiderByte said:

I'm....not as confident in Paramount+ future as the execs are

I'm confident they could do well but seeing a recent interview were one of their international execs said they expect to have more than 350m subs in the next 3 years I'm also not as confident in Paramount+(ViacomCBS streaming) as their execs lol. 

source (around the 17 second mark) 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jamiem said:

I'm confident they could do well but seeing a recent interview were one of their international execs said they expect to have more than 350m subs in the next 3 years I'm also not as confident in Paramount+(ViacomCBS streaming) as their execs lol. 

source (around the 17 second mark) 

It's not bad but it's not "abandon the theatrical model" good. Surpassing Netflix in 3 years is...not realistic.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It's not bad but it's not "abandon the theatrical model" good. Surpassing Netflix in 3 years is...not realistic.

Yeah agreed they won't get anywhere close to the 350m, probably around 100m or so by end of 2024 would be my guess. 

Hopefully they keep MI7+8 and Top Gun theatrical and those do really well to show them it is not all or nothing. 

Paramount intends to give at least 10 films an exclusive theatrical release in 2022. “With our lineup, we’re absolutely poised to be a significant player,” says Paramount president of domestic distribution Chris Aronson.

• Like 1