Jump to content
A Marvel Fanboy

The Paramount Pictures Thread | Pivoting more towards streaming???????

Recommended Posts

Was Paramount the first to come up with the 45 day widow before moving to streaming thing? It worked fantastic for Quiet Place 2.

 

45 day window seems like the perfect length during pandemic era. Other studios are doing the same now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Does anyone know how well Paramount+ has been doing?

All of ViacomCBS streaming service including Paramount+ (the other big one is Showtime, also niche services with Noggin and BET+) is at 42m subscribers worldwide, should be a bit higher with the recent Australia rebranding and NFL returning which always gave CBS All Access (what Paramount+ was before it relaunched) a boost. 

 

ViacomCBS streaming revenue was at nearly $1B last quarter (this includes Pluto TV revenue on top of all the paid streaming services)

 

This post which I regularly update puts it in perspective vs. other companies (Netflix, Disney, Warner etc.) in terms of streaming. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, filmlover said:

It really is the beginning of the end for them, isn't it?

 

 

I didn’t realise Bumblebee actually caused a staff shake up, yikes. That film was cute, what a shame. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If Paramount is out of money to keep doing theatrical, what makes them think they can succeed at the streaming wars, when all the big competitors are investing several billions for a long term return?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing Hasbro will take Transformers elsewhere after Rise of the Beasts. Matt Shakman's Star Trek movie is probably either dead or a cheap Paramount+ affair. They sure as hell ain't putting out another big screen Star Trek after Beyond underperformed, especially when even the previous regime had trouble getting it off the ground.

 

It'll be interesting to see how many movies they do put out in theaters per year moving forward.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I'm guessing Hasbro will take Transformers elsewhere after Rise of the Beasts. Matt Shakman's Star Trek movie is probably either dead or a cheap Paramount+ affair. They sure as hell ain't putting out another big screen Star Trek after Beyond underperformed, especially when even the previous regime had trouble getting it off the ground.

 

It'll be interesting to see how many movies they do put out in theaters per year moving forward.

Yeh that article specifically says the underperformance of the last Transformers and Star Trek films caused a staff shake up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2021 at 1:27 PM, SpiderByte said:

I'm....not as confident in Paramount+ future as the execs are

I'm confident they could do well but seeing a recent interview were one of their international execs said they expect to have more than 350m subs in the next 3 years I'm also not as confident in Paramount+(ViacomCBS streaming) as their execs lol. 

 

source (around the 17 second mark) 

 

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jamiem said:

I'm confident they could do well but seeing a recent interview were one of their international execs said they expect to have more than 350m subs in the next 3 years I'm also not as confident in Paramount+(ViacomCBS streaming) as their execs lol. 

 

source (around the 17 second mark) 

 

 

 

It's not bad but it's not "abandon the theatrical model" good. Surpassing Netflix in 3 years is...not realistic.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It's not bad but it's not "abandon the theatrical model" good. Surpassing Netflix in 3 years is...not realistic.

Yeah agreed they won't get anywhere close to the 350m, probably around 100m or so by end of 2024 would be my guess. 

 

Hopefully they keep MI7+8 and Top Gun theatrical and those do really well to show them it is not all or nothing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.