A Marvel Fanboy

The Paramount Pictures Thread

Poor Paramount. They might hit 2B this year on their 99th anniversary and have a terrible 100th. I mean, every film they've released in 2011 was a hit, only Hugo wasn't and that might win an Oscar and pay them back in the long run.Next year?The Devil Inside-> Should do what PG-13 horrors do but it could also tankHansel & Gretel-> High concept, unproven leads, fantasy and no buzz or trailer, doesn't look goodA Thousand Words-> An Eddie Murphy comedy which has been on the shelf for four years.Titanic 3D-> Living through the past, and why not? Could be a 100m hit.Dictator-> I think people are tired of Cohen, trailer looks mediocre.Madagascar 3-> No one asked for 2, negative people asked for three.GI Joe-> They got rid of most of the cast, trailer is average. Doesn't seem to stand out. I don't think many liked the first even though I did.My Mother's Curse-> Not sure what this is.Rise of the Guardians-> Puss in Boots type hit.World War Z-> Could be a hit.Compare that to Universal's 2012 and 100th anniversary.

Poor Paramount. They might hit 2B this year on their 99th anniversary and have a terrible 100th. I mean, every film they've released in 2011 was a hit, only Hugo wasn't and that might win an Oscar and pay them back in the long run. Next year? The Devil Inside-> Should do what PG-13 horrors do but it could also tank Hansel & Gretel-> High concept, unproven leads, fantasy and no buzz or trailer, doesn't look good A Thousand Words-> An Eddie Murphy comedy which has been on the shelf for four years. Titanic 3D-> Living through the past, and why not? Could be a 100m hit. Dictator-> I think people are tired of Cohen, trailer looks mediocre. Madagascar 3-> No one asked for 2, negative people asked for three. GI Joe-> They got rid of most of the cast, trailer is average. Doesn't seem to stand out. I don't think many liked the first even though I did. My Mother's Curse-> Not sure what this is. Rise of the Guardians-> Puss in Boots type hit. World War Z-> Could be a hit. Compare that to Universal's 2012 and 100th anniversary.

Good points!World War Z seems to be their biggest hit.

Poor Paramount. They might hit 2B this year on their 99th anniversary and have a terrible 100th. I mean, every film they've released in 2011 was a hit, only Hugo wasn't and that might win an Oscar and pay them back in the long run.

Next year?

The Devil Inside-> Should do what PG-13 horrors do but it could also tank

Hansel & Gretel-> High concept, unproven leads, fantasy and no buzz or trailer, doesn't look good It has Renner

A Thousand Words-> An Eddie Murphy comedy which has been on the shelf for four years.

Titanic 3D-> Living through the past, and why not? Could be a 100m hit.

Dictator-> I think people are tired of Cohen, trailer looks mediocre.

Madagascar 3-> No one asked for 2, negative people asked for three.

GI Joe-> They got rid of most of the cast, trailer is average. Doesn't seem to stand out. I don't think many liked the first even though I did. Should do 140M+

My Mother's Curse-> Not sure what this is.

Rise of the Guardians-> Puss in Boots type hit.

World War Z-> Could be a hit.

Compare that to Universal's 2012 and 100th anniversary.

They still have an incomplete schedule.