A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

I bet the 11/19/21 title ends up being The Little Mermaid given that it starts shooting early next year.

But why would they release a high-profile live-action remake a few days before a new feature from their animation studio? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, gadd said:

But why would they release a high-profile live-action remake a few days before a new feature from their animation studio? 

There's bound to be changes to the schedule as projects get made/don't get made, as usual. FWIW they just claimed the 11/19/21 date (while the 11/24/21 was set years ago) so clearly one project is moving along better than the other.

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2019/12/disney-crosses-10-billion-worldwide-box-office-new-all-time-record-1202803824/

Frozen 2 and its cumulative $919.7M in global snow dust, have helped bring Disney to the $10B threshold worldwide for 2019. Officially, the studio will cross the mark within the next day. Current studio cumes stand at $3.28B domestic and $6.717B from the international box office. That’s $9.997B global through today. This is a new record for worldwide box office for any studio in a calendar year, and surpasses Disney’s previous placeholder of $7.6B that was posted in 2016.

The above numbers do not take into account Fox titles. When they are added, the combined global box office for Dis is $11.94B ($3.8B domestic/$8.14B overseas) so far. Wow.

And all of this is before Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker starts strutting around the world on December 18 overseas, and December 20 domestically.

• Astonished 1

A bit of surprise. Did someone want him out? Some MeToo stuff about to come out? Disappointment with the Fox merger? I know he was stepping done in a year, but why the sudden out of the blue announcement. I would have expected Kennedy to go, but Iger to suddenly step down is a surprise to me.

Edited by CloneWars

6 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

A bit of surprise. Did someone want him out? Some MeToo stuff about to come out? Disappointment with the Fox merger? I know he was stepping done in a year, but why the sudden out of the blue announcement.

I think he saw that some rough times are ahead for Disney..and probably the entertainment industry as whole, and just did not want to deal with it. He is tired, want to retire to enjoy life, and leave the dealing with the crisis to someone else.'

Edited by dudalb