A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

19 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

this ought to upset everyone, very offensive to all women, did they censor hulk's butt also?

Looks romantic & comedy-ish to me, both genres I can not stand

(a rom-com I consider torture)

Considering that:

is Splash worth a watch?

Only to compare behinds alone would not be a reason to me

Mock schedule for 2021 and onwards (we're not getting any new movies in theaters this year lmao). You can decide for yourself if these are for theaters or PVOD. I also didn't think that hard about it, so don't yell at me

January 22 - Everybody's Talking About Jaime

February 12 - Mulan

March 12 - Black Widow

April 9 - Bob's Burgers

April 23 - Ron's Gone Wrong

May 7 - The Eternals

May 28 - Cruella

June 4 - Free Guy

June 18 - Soul

July 30 - Jungle Cruise

August 13 - The King's Man

October 1 - Deep Water

October 15 - The French Dispatch (limited)

November 12 - Death on the Nile

November 24 - Raya and the Last Dragon

December 3 - The Woman in the Window

December 17 - Avatar 2

December 25 - West Side Story, The Last Duel (limited)

January 7 - The Last Duel (wide)

February 11 - Shang-Chi and the Legend of the 10 Rings

March 4 - Nimona

March 25 - Shrunk

May 6 - Thor: Love and Thunder

May 27 - The Little Mermaid

June 17 - Pixar

July 8 - Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

July 29 - Children of Blood & Bone

August 12 - Peter Pan & Wendy

September 16 - Fear Street Part 1

October 21 - Fear Street Part 2

November 11 - Fear Street Part 3

November 4 - Black Panther II

November 23 - WDAS

December 16 - National Treasure 3

February 17 - Captain Marvel 2

March 10 - Planet of the Apes

March 24 - Pinocchio

May 5 - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

May 26 - Aladdin 2

June 16 - Pixar

July 14 - Ant-Man 3

October 6 - Deadpool 3

November 3 - Hercules

November 22 - WDAS

December 22 - Avatar 3

Taika's Star Wars movie is in December 2024. New Mutants is never coming out lmfao. Sure I missed something, but again, didn't really think too hard on this. And before you ask, I will do this for other studios later, so before you go "wait Black Panther 2's on Shazam 2's release date", please be patient

• Like 2

15 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I have no dog in this race but found this amusing after Moore's recent comments: https://www.nme.com/news/tv/the-boys-showrunner-says-marvel-movies-are-to-blame-for-trumps-election-2791097

Amazon vs Disney would be hilarious (and over very quickly) 

What a weird thing to think. I'm pretty sure MCU fans fall on both ends of the political spectrum.

2 hours ago, CloneWars said:

What a weird thing to think. I'm pretty sure MCU fans fall on both ends of the political spectrum.

It's not saying anything about the different ends of the political spectrum though... it's pointing out a cultural shift towards the idea that a big strong man can save us from all of our woes - that's more of a delineation between up and down rather than left v right on the political compass. 

4 hours ago, CloneWars said:

I haven’t read it, but in a way he got support by ‘them’, via a big part owning stockholder = Isaak Perlmutter (and even worse, his wife) are seemingly big supporters. But I think the opposition is represented there too, I think Perlmutter is not very much liked by quite some of the Disney ‘staff’ (management included).

Superheroes,... are nothing new, as I am guessing Moore might be the kind of guy to conclude for that IMHO not really thought through reasoning. Sometimes I am seriously wondering about e.g. Moore.

4 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I haven’t read it, but in a way he got support by ‘them’, via a big part owning stockholder = Isaak Perlmutter (and even worse, his wife) are seemingly big supporters. But I think the opposition is represented there too, I think Perlmutter is not very much liked by quite some of the Disney ‘staff’ (management included).

Superheroes,... are nothing new, as I am guessing Moore might be the kind of guy to conclude for that IMHO not really thought through reasoning. Sometimes I am seriously wondering about e.g. Moore.

If you read the piece you'd understand the point isn't about directly supporting R or D. It's about highlighting a cultural shift that closely aligns with authoritarian thinking. Yes, superheroes are not new, something AM has pointed out many times - particularly in its not so clean history... I think it very unjustified to levy a claim that Moore hasn't done his fair share of reasoning on this topic. I think you'd be hard pressed to find another human on the planet who has spent more time thinking about these topics. 

On 10/21/2020 at 2:50 PM, JamesCameronScholar said:

If you read the piece .....

I think it very unjustified to levy a claim that Moore hasn't done his fair share of reasoning on this topic.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find another human on the planet who has spent more time thinking about these topics. 

not interested enough

that I didn’t do, as... you’ll get it

I do not feel the need to put humans on pedestals, there are lots of people who do think a lot about themes, does not mean all (100%) they conclude is right for everyone on earth. I actually agree with him often, but as said, sometimes I am wondering. 

I wont expect of him more than from anyone else, nor do I agree with all he states = he is not a ‘god’ (no one is nor ever will be).

In general, if you look through history, the stories of the sole rescuer, the knight, hero,... is usually there the most to find, where people feel they have no voice during circumstances/times they’d actually need a voice.

my POV:

Its not the SH, the knight, the ranger,... its the power amassed by people misusing it to the degree normal/healthy defense of the weak does not work anymore (or they got manipulated to the impression, see later)

If in such a situation a power vacuum happens (e.g. some people work on creating a ‘strong man’ and that one e.g. dies) or a good propaganda/people manipulation campaign is at work for a time... than authoritarian speaking, behavior,... finds its ways to the masses instead to only the ones who love to be part of such a system too. The knight it the dream of someone with the possibility to right wrong to stand up for the ones not heard - it is a sign in a way, but according to how I understand your wording in the opposite way. The knight who fought for the people, that gets crowned, ... is the hope of getting someone who actually is doing it right. Sadly the dream gets smashed by people getting corrupted by the power or getting taking out or ... It a question of how many it reaches, what kind of people it reaches. The ones who want a just and secure system to live in too, or only the ones who want to be part of the authoritarian power.

Stories about knights tend to be presenting the knight as someone who stands for minorities, the weak, and so on, the authoritarians misuse the holding down, even hunt of the minorities, the weak... as deflection of the real problems, usually under the cover of ‘moral’, or terms the people are concerned about.

So when a link says he said the Marvel movies are to blame for Trumps election than I say whoever worded (or reworded it as a click-bait) missed a lot of points and didn’t grasp even the basics. If its click-bait I won’t add to the count by clicking on it. If he said something else, than maybe to find an article who did not twist his words to something else might have been more... correct, neutral,.... especially if respecting him in general. Or at least to give a quote where his real statement, the exact sentence that would actually clarify. Click-bait support, a try to swipe, to imply,... can be assumed otherwise.

Btw, saw your post accidental, if logged in you’re still on ignore. Too many of those kind of... strange ‘accidents’ for my taste.

On 10/20/2020 at 10:12 PM, JamesCameronScholar said:

I have no dog in this race but found this amusing after Moore's recent comments: https://www.nme.com/news/tv/the-boys-showrunner-says-marvel-movies-are-to-blame-for-trumps-election-2791097

Amazon vs Disney would be hilarious (and over very quickly) 

In 12 years of MCU, Obama won twice. What an idiotic take. When almost entirety of cast is anti-Trump vocally, I am sure fans will be with Trump.

Also he says he is MCU fan, so did he vote for Trump?