A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

I know Tangled was a success but I think they should kept it as The Snow Queen but that could easily change. It is CGI or traditionally animated? After The Lion King 3D proved that it was possible to convert a traditionally animated film into 3D and be successful.The Dinosaur film I wouldn't be surprised if that is moved to summer and the Brain film to November 2014 or Summer 2015.

The original plan was traditional animation but they are going CGI now.

Winnie the Pooh was traditionally animated, Tangled proved that a traditional Disney film be done in CGI but The Snow Queen/Frozen would work if done like Tangled but I think it would make a great handdrawn animated film, I would guess it's a musical as well as Alan Menken was working on it.

Going a touch off topic but i'm sure i read that 'The Princess and the Frog' would be their last ever traditional animation.

Well, Winnie the Pooh was released this year. Of course, that was mostly filler and released mainly to boost the home video sale totals...But I wouldn't say it was their last ever. They said the same thing with Home on the Range. It's too ingrained in their history for them not to develop one every now and then.

I hope Winnie the Pooh isn't the last traditionally animated movie from Disney that we will see in theaters. Loved Winnie the Pooh, how i wish it did better in the box office.Wreck-It Ralph sounds promising though

Edited by forg