A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

BV have done 1.18b this year so far, with the biggest hit POTC(241m DOM, 1b+ WW). They have the most 1b+ movies.

http://boxofficemojo...=buenavista.htm

Will Disney rule the movie industry after 2013?

Disney Releases Threads Archives

===========

DOM

------

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Thread

The Avengers Discussion

Beauty and the Beast 3D Thread

Brave Discussion

Captain America 2

Doctor Strange Thread

Finding Nemo 3D Thread

Frankeweenie Thread

Gnomeo & Juliet 2

Iron Man 3 Discussion

John Carter Thread

The Little Mermaid 3D Thread

The Lone Ranger Thread

Monsters, Inc 3D Thread

Monsters University Discussion

The Muppet's Discussion Thread

Oz: The Great and Powerful Thread

Pirates-Kiss of Death

Robopocalypse Thread

Thor 2 Thread

Untitled Pixar About Dinosaurs

Untitled Pixar that takes you inside the mind thread

War Horse Discussion Thread

Wreck-It Ralph Thread

Clubs

-------

The Avengers Over 150M OW Club

The Avengers Over 350M Club

The Avengers under Irons Man's Total

The Avengers vs. Amazing Spider-Man vs. The Dark Knight Rises (OFFICIAL SHOWDOWN DISCUSSION)

The Avengers Over 900M WW Club

OS

----

The Avengers OS Thread

Brave OS Thread

John Carter OS thread

The Muppets OS Thread

War Horse OS Thread

Other related threads

-------

The Pixar Club

The Fox Thread

The Paramount Pictures Thread

The Sony Thread

The Universal Thread

The Warner Bros Thread

Are studios happy with Kung Fu Panda 2 and POTC4 gross?

Computer animated films thread

Comic Book Discussion Thread

Production Budgets Thread

Profit Calculation Question

Marvel and DC comics book B.O. records

Movies you're surprised got sequels based on their budget and box office revenue

Studio Profit Report

Studios with the most promising future based on potential franchises

The reality of theater/studio percentages

Video Game Discussion Thread

^ Disney should spend their time and money on ambitious animated films, not failed special effects showcases ("The Sorcerer's Apprentice"), pointless films ("Prom") and failed attempts at starting franchises. ("Prince of Persia") Walt Disney Animation Studios needs to make a real comeback if they want to repeat the success of "Tangled".Also, the report card says "Cars 2" cost 250M to make. I thought it cost 200M.

Edited by Safari92

In Disney's defense, before PoP and TSA came out Jerry Bruckheimer was a money printer for them. And now that they've bombed they have him on a short leash. They were hesitant to start Lone Ranger unless its budget was brought down.

Edited by tribefan695

In Disney's defense, before PoP and TSA came out Jerry Bruckheimer was a money printer for them. And now that they've bombed they have him on a short leash. They were hesitant to start Lone Ranger unless its budget was brought down.

That's true, but they failed because they were mediocre. If "John Carter" fails (which I hope it doesn't), then it'll be another indicator that Disney can't score hits with live-action, big-budget films except for Pirates. (Tron: Legacy was successful, but not the gigantic blockbuster it should've been) I guess Pirates was the only success they got from Bruckheimer, with the exception of "G-Force".What I'm saying is, Disney shouldn't waste their time and money on projects similar to TSA and POP. "Lone Ranger" might be another POP, but Gore Verbinski is directing it, so it could be good. WDAS needs to get back on top, more importantly. Remember when Disney's animated output dominated the box office? That's what should be happening now, since they're making quality films again. Edited by Safari92

I don't think WDA's films were ever made in bulk. They've almost always had just one released per year, though it seems Disney had always planned on Winnie the Pooh being a "minor" effort. Wreck-It Ralph certainly sounds ambitious, though.

Edited by tribefan695

I don't think WDA's films were ever made in bulk. They've almost always had just one released per year, though it seems Disney had always planned on Winnie the Pooh being a "minor" effort. Wreck-It Ralph certainly sounds ambitious, though.

"Winnie the Pooh" still could've been a small success, from what I've heard, the marketing was awful overseas. Quietly releasing alongside DH2 was a terrible decision. "Wreck-It Ralph" sounds like a real risk, and that's why I'm very excited about it. If it flops and it's a great film, then it'll be looked at as a bold risk even though it failed. Maybe not "Fantasia"-level, but still a bold risk. Disney should be taking risks again. Edited by Safari92

In any case, Disney making big-budget blockbusters is just a natural progression for the studio as it expands its empire, as I see it. John Lasseter has done a great job keeping the in-house animation studio alive so far.John Carter is the first big-budget live action production they've had that's really more of a passion project than a studio pitch, and it has by far the most impressive list of creative talent behind it. I wouldn't mind seeing Disney continue to greenlight those kind of movies.

Edited by tribefan695

I know Tangled was a success but I think they should kept it as The Snow Queen but that could easily change. It is CGI or traditionally animated? After The Lion King 3D proved that it was possible to convert a traditionally animated film into 3D and be successful.The Dinosaur film I wouldn't be surprised if that is moved to summer and the Brain film to November 2014 or Summer 2015.