A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

It's tough to win the year when you're making less movies than most of your competitors. I believe that Disney is releasing the least number of movies out of the big Six movie studios. For Disney to win the year, a few of their big releases would need to hit big.However, Disney will have the number 1 movie for the year, so that's pretty good right there.

That's true. Now number 3. Universal is a very close number 4.

I wonder what the next Disney rereleases will be for 2014, I imagine it won't be announced for a while but my guess would be Aladdin and The Incredibles for 2014, the latter to coincide with its 10th anniversary and the former has had its Blu-Ray release from 2013 delayed. Would love to see Tarzan rereleased in 3D either theatrically or on 3D Blu Ray, the film lends itself very well to 3D.

I think they will wait to see how Monsters and Mermaid will perform before setting other rereleases.

I think Beauty would have done better had Disney held back the Blu-Ray release so that audience could experience it fresh. I'm thinking Aladdin's been delayed so that they can get a 3D rerelease done for January 2014.

Ant-man set for 2015/11/06:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=95911

It was also announced today that Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World will be released in 3D.

Disney set a release date of December 20, 2013 for Saving Mr. Banks as well and the Phineas and Ferbmovie will now hit theaters in 2014, pushed back from its previous July 28, 2013 release date.

There are more movies in November 2015 then there are the entire summer of 2015. Also animation does better in the summer so why is November always the first choice.

It's not always the first choice. Summer is just usually filled up first. A number of Pixar films were released in November and did very well.