A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

I would love it if they brought Gargoyles back... Not enough fans for that though. I remember they only released the first third of the first season to see if enough fans bought it before releasing the rest... It didnt sell enough, hence the other seasons are not officially being released.Such a shame, loved that concept.

• Like 1

I would love it if they brought Gargoyles back... Not enough fans for that though. I remember they only released the first third of the first season to see if enough fans bought it before releasing the rest... It didnt sell enough, hence the other seasons are not officially being released.Such a shame, loved that concept.

That's a shame. That show was ahead of it's time. Strong characters, great story and uber strong plot. I really wish, Disney make a movie on it.Xanatos is the perfect villain and Keith David's voice-over for Goliath was spot on. I really loved that show. :) :) :) :) :) Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

Gargoyles was an amazing show. A movie about it would be perfect. I would cry in joy.

Indeed. I'm still amazed that Disney approved a show like that. The intro still gives me chills, "After thousands of years, we live again". :wub: :wub: :wub: Edited by druv10
  • Like 2

Disney hasn't opened a movie yet. They only have TEN releases this year. Could it still win the year?

I don't think so. There just isn't enough bulk to win the year. However, I do expect Disney to have the number 1 movie this year. Also, I think Disney will earn the most money per movie (by adding up total BO dollars divided by the number of movies released). Disney doesn't release a lot of movies anymore, but the quality of the movies being released is tough to match.

I don't think so. There just isn't enough bulk to win the year. However, I do expect Disney to have the number 1 movie this year. Also, I think Disney will earn the most money per movie (by adding up total BO dollars divided by the number of movies released). Disney doesn't release a lot of movies anymore, but the quality of the movies being released is tough to match.

Plus considering that movies are just a part of the Disney Company, they don't need to win BO wise. I'm sure they'd like to win, but thats not their main goal. The movies feed into theme parks, merchandising, and even tv shows. Also works the other way around obviously. It's a different model than say Paramount or Fox or Columbia.
  • Like 1

I wish science/nature docs in general weren't limited to television and museum IMAX theaters. I'm not so enthusiastic about the Disney ones but I'd pay full price to see NOVA or Frozen Planet on the big screen.

Edited by tribefan695