A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

41 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

User ratings are a disaster at least it seems

Its no she hulk at least lol 

That's because Critical Drinker and Yellow Flash and all those chuds have been very much on the "mSheU" review bomb shit about this, especially when they realized one of the directors, Sydney Freeland, is a trans woman. Imdb and stuff also let's reviews out like days in advance now too for some ungodly reason.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

People seriously think Jonathan Majors is getting rehired because of an interview?!?!?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, no, this is ABC getting the last drops of money out of him anyone's gonna get for the next 10 years probably.

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

That's because Critical Drinker and Yellow Flash and all those chuds have been very much on the "mSheU" review bomb shit about this, especially when they realized one of the directors, Sydney Freeland, is a trans woman. Imdb and stuff also let's reviews out like days in advance now too for some ungodly reason.

I mean she Hulk deserved all the hate it got

Disney having another Talk show guest flap with Aaron Rogers, who will not be making any more appreances on ESPN since his peddling conspiracy theories (totally unsubstantiated) about people connected with ABC.

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

I mean Rogers wasn't the host of the show, so that's not really ESPNs fault more than McAfees.

Fuss results that Rogers was invited back after the appreance where he went into all the conspiracy crap.

5 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Bullshit tbh considering Pixar’s whole struggle to be successful in recent years has been stupid execs devaluing the brand and greenlighting crap like Lightyear. They could probably have great box office clout rn with the push WDAS got for movies like Luca and Turning Red. 

I mean Lightyear is totally on Pixar. They thought it'd be a guaranteed hit and it wasn't.

It does suck when people lose their jobs, and I imagine a lot of their projects in the pipeline are getting axed or at least tabled for much further down the road. But it wouldn't be the worst thing if they did go back to their pre streaming level of productivity. The issue here pretty much comes down to Disney realizing streaming isn't the money printer they thought it was, and even if Luca and TR were theatrical hits I still think Pixar wouldn't have been able to sustain the kind of content pipeline Disney had started demanding from them when they launched the platform.

• Like 5

I wonder if they're going to cut production on future shorts that are D+ only and stick to the short film in front of movies (Speaking of, guess we'll hear about one before Inside Out 2. Also was there one in front of Lightyear?)

Probably won't be seeing anything else like Win or Lose for the foreseeable future (do hope they actually plan on releasing that though). I imagine they'll be going back to one film / year and a few original and IP shorts like before. The Sparkshorts program is definitely worth maintaining.

35 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I wonder if they're going to cut production on future shorts that are D+ only and stick to the short film in front of movies (Speaking of, guess we'll hear about one before Inside Out 2. Also was there one in front of Lightyear?)

Depends on cost. You have to offer something to Disney Plus customers.

1 hour ago, AniNate said:

I mean Lightyear is totally on Pixar. They thought it'd be a guaranteed hit and it wasn't.

It does suck when people lose their jobs, and I imagine a lot of their projects in the pipeline are getting axed or at least tabled for much further down the road. But it wouldn't be the worst thing if they did go back to their pre streaming level of productivity. The issue here pretty much comes down to Disney realizing streaming isn't the money printer they thought it was, and even if Luca and TR were theatrical hits I still think Pixar wouldn't have been able to sustain the kind of content pipeline Disney had started demanding from them when they launched the platform.

They spent too much money on their streaming content, frankly.

TUrns out  that streaming is just like broadcast or cable TV: you just cannot spend the amounts you would if the project was a threatrical film.

Hate to say it but ad tiers seem to be the most viable way forward. It's honestly not that bad, I have Hulu's ad tier and the commercials are brief and at the same volume as the programming. Thinking I'll downgrade to D+'s next year.

Edited by AniNate

The move to streaming was inevitable; the reason studios got into streaming was to try to prempt third parties from dominating it.

Thye just handled the transition badly. But you can't turn back the clock the loss of theater audriences to streaming is permanent, and the film studios are facing the biggest change in movie economics since the coming of Television in the late 1940's.

I understnad al ot of the DIsney plus Streaming shows went over budget. You can get away with that, to a degree, with threastrical movies but you can't with TV content.

• Like 2