A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

Meanwhile word is that "Snow White" is being "Reworked" big time: from what I have read, more then the usual fine tuning.

Disney might be looking at one of their cash cows for the past few years...big budget live action remakes of animated classics...

dropping in popularity. 

1 minute ago, AniNate said:

God I hate Hollywood handle and all those engagement driven scoop aggregators

"reboot" was Bloomberg language, not a word anyone quoted actually said 

Yeah no way they'd literally remake their own movies. These are sequels.

32 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Dafuq. Pixar is dead if they are rebooting their classics.

The article is misrepresenting. It’s not reboots or even live action remakes but rather reboot in the sense of rebooting the franchise with sequels and spinoffs.

• Like 4

Like @Youngstar mentioned on the IO2 thread, Disney seems to be doing close review embargos from here on out after Indy/Elemental's review fiasco last year. At the very least, their films this year have gotten positive reactions so it's not a total hinderance.

That said, I think close social embargos are still eyebrow-raising, but not the end of the world. 

• Like 4

If we get Nemo 3, all I ask is they use the Circle 7 draft of Nemo 2 in which Marlin was going to be romantically involved with a polar bear.

• ...wtf 2

Realizing as of right now Pixar has Elio and then in March 2026 an untitled movie, so it seems like it'll still be two straight originals after Inside Out 2. We'll likely be finding out about that one at D23. If that's not that vaporware Brian Fee project then I'm assuming it got canned.

They haven't set their 27-28 dates yet but I don't see a Nemo 3 out before 2028 if they want Stanton doing that one and Bird's working on Ray Gunn at Skydance, so it might be awhile before an Incredibles 3 as well.

• Like 1

All of these abnormally large reshoots reveal continued problems at the screenplay level. What are they doing?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AniNate said:

Realizing as of right now Pixar has Elio and then in March 2026 an untitled movie, so it seems like it'll still be two straight originals after Inside Out 2. We'll likely be finding out about that one at D23. If that's not that vaporware Brian Fee project then I'm assuming it got canned.

They haven't set their 27-28 dates yet but I don't see a Nemo 3 out before 2028 if they want Stanton doing that one and Bird's working on Ray Gunn at Skydance, so it might be awhile before an Incredibles 3 as well.

With Toy Story 5 coming in June I doubt anything comes out on that March date, probably just a place holder that Disney may use for one of their other brands. 

4 hours ago, Potiki said:

With Toy Story 5 coming in June I doubt anything comes out on that March date, probably just a place holder that Disney may use for one of their other brands. 

Then Disney should say so. Right now it's perfectly believable that there's a Pixar movie in March 2026. Though it will have the same date as The Cat in the Hat