riczhang

CAYOM Year 8 Oscar Tiebreaks (Due date WED at 12pm EST)

Multi award nominated millennium films are proud of having 3 Oscar nomineesDocumentaries flappy bird and the Normans are both nominated for best documentary featureIm free from the innocent is nominated for best original songMillennium films are hoping to have more Oscar luck next year with animation peace at last and the drama rosa looking likely to be good films

• Like 1

Multi award nominated millennium films are proud of having 3 Oscar nomineesDocumentaries flappy bird and the Normans are both nominated for best documentary featureIm free from the innocent is nominated for best original songMillennium films are hoping to have more Oscar luck next year with animation peace at last and the drama rosa looking likely to be good films

Being a 'multi award nominated' studio really isn't much of an achievement considering I'm pretty sure literally every other studio in this game has been nominated for multiple Oscars.

Being a 'multi award nominated' studio really isn't much of an achievement considering I'm pretty sure literally every other studio in this game has been nominated for multiple Oscars.

Yeah but looking at all my films this year, it really looked in doubt that I'd even have 1 nomination.

You'll get there, Films. Again, a lot of great players started slow in this game. (Numbers can tell you about Creator's Secret Society of Unicorns). In fact, if you'd like, I could take a look at one of your films (Peace At Last, perhaps, since you seem to be really pushing it) and give you some advice.

• Like 1

You'll get there, Films. Again, a lot of great players started slow in this game. (Numbers can tell you about Creator's Secret Society of Unicorns). In fact, if you'd like, I could take a look at one of your films (Peace At Last, perhaps, since you seem to be really pushing it) and give you some advice.

Ok, I'll send you and alpha peace at last probably tomorrow

I still only have two BP noms after being active in the game since Y3. :P

This. It takes time and practise to get into the game; not everyone can be like Numbers and win BP in their first year. :P

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR1. Oldman2. Simpkins3. Kingsley4. Rickman5. Graham 6. Crowe7. HutchersonBEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY1. Redwall2. HDHBEST ORIGINAL SONG1. "Alcohol Flame"2. "Catch that Pigeon!"BEST SOUND EDITING1.The Giver2. HDHBEST ART DIRECTION1. The Giver2. StarCraft: Brood War3. The Who's TommyBest Film Editing1. The Concert's End2. The Who's TommyBEST VISUAL EFFECTS1. Pompeii2. Dresden Files: Stormfront

LOL I just realized that all of my films here are on last place in their categories.
  • Like 1

True that. I started low in Year 5 of 2.0, and now 3 years later I'm doing really well.

It just takes time.

• Like 1

TIEBREAK VOTES:

Best Supporting Actor Rank all 7. 1 moves on. 
4. Russell Crowe – Walls of Stone
6. Josh Hutcherson – Cinema Studies
3. Stephen Graham – The Concert’s End
1. Ben Kingsley – The Concert’s End
5. Gary Oldman – The Most Dangerous Game
2. Alan Rickman – The Concert’s End
7. Ty Simpkins - Mushishi

Best Adapted Screenplay Rank 2. 1 Moves on.
2. Redwall
1. Hand Drawn Heroes

Best Original Song Rank 2. 1 Moves on.
1. Catch That Pigeon – Catch That Pigeon
2. Keg Party – Alcohol of Fame

Best Film Editing Rank 2. 1 Moves on.
1. The Concert’s End
2. The Who’s Tommy

Best Art Direction Rank 3. 2 Move on.
3. The Giver
1. Starcraft: brood War
2. The Who’s Tommy

Best Sound Editing Rank 2. 1 Moves on.
1. Hand Drawn Heroes
2. The Giver

Best Visual Effects Rank 2. 1 Moves on.
1. The Dresden Files: Storm Front
2. Pompeii

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 2

Can't we just flip a coin instead? (Totally not saying that because I'd lose otherwise)

Edited by Za Rukaio!

Tiebreak Results: (Italics = winner(s))

Best Supporting Actor 1 moves on

Russell Crowe – Walls of Stone - 25
Josh Hutcherson – Cinema Studies - 34
Stephen Graham – The Concert’s End - 30
Ben Kingsley – The Concert’s End - 36 (2 #1 Votes)
Gary Oldman – The Most Dangerous Game - 28
Alan Rickman – The Concert’s End - 35
Ty Simpkins - Mushishi - 36 (1 #1 Vote)

Best Adapted Screenplay 1 moves on

Redwall - 11
Hand Drawn Heroes - 13

Best Original Song 1 moves on
Catch That Pigeon – Catch That Pigeon - 10
Keg Party – Alcohol of Fame - 14

Best Film Editing 1 moves on
The Concert’s End - 13
The Who’s Tommy - 11

Best Art Direction 2 moves on
The Giver - 13 (2 #1, 2 #2 and 3 #3)* 
Starcraft: Brood War - 13 (2 #1, 2 #2 and 3 #3)*
The Who’s Tommy - 16

Best Sound Editing 1 Moves on.
Hand Drawn Heroes - 13
The Giver - 11

Best Visual Effects 1 Moves on.
The Dresden Files: Storm Front - 12
Pompeii - 9

*: Because The Giver and StarCraft both received the exact same votes in the Production Design category, I have decided to nominate both films. If anyone objects, we can always discuss it. 

I will be putting up the actual oscar nomination thread and voting will start either tonight or tomorrow. 

• Like 1