RySenkari

The Movieman! - Year 1

Little break before the top ten. Obviously you can figure out what films will be in the top 10 and hazard a decent guess at the order, but can you figure out my #1?Also, as to in-depth reviews, I'll be commenting on random films most likely starting tonight or tomorrow, particularly films I liked (i.e. the ones in my top 25). If you want reviews on any film at all, including films I gave a disappointing review to, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to write something.

RAPTURE

Which of course means....

obviously

AND THE BAND PLAYED ON

I don't know how you keep doing it, Numbers. You're the master, you really are. I'm just glad Streep isn't going against Gillies.

Edited by RySenkari

Top 25 summary for the critics consensus:1. And The Band Played On2. Rapture3. The End Of The Universe4. Apocalypse5. Wings Of Icarus6. Trails Of Tears7. The Chrysalids8. The Morrow9. Hired Guns10. Barren World11. Nation12. The Seventh Seal13. Secret Of Mana: A Journey Begins14. The Horn15. Call Of Duty16. Interconnected17. Vesta18. Chronicle19. Spring Awakening20. The Father Figure21. Cycle of the Werewolf22. Pride And Prejudice And Zombies23. Bartimaeus and the Amulet of Samarkand24. The Modern Prometheus: Frankenstein25. 56 Days Of Love

Seventh Seal got into the top 15 mostly because of its outstanding cast. More detail probably wouldn't have budged the film much. It didn't really NEED a remake, but unlike To Kill A Mockingbird, Seventh Seal could potentially be improved by a modern remake with better set pieces and a great cast, so that's why I liked it so much. Tom Cruise is no Max von Sydow, though. Ironic considering their roles in Minority Report :P

AND THE BAND PLAYED ON

I don't know how you keep doing it, Numbers. You're the master, you really are. I'm just glad Streep isn't going against Gillies.

It's based on a non-fiction novel I have with me at my apartment so I had help in making it work. Thanks for the appreciation.

Streep's role is one I had a bit of difficulty with since in the book she really doesn't have a consistent narrative arc, her character just shows up now and then involved with one thing or another. So getting Dritz something close to an arc was a struggle. There may be some supporting actresses I think better.

Perhaps you could shed some light on what male actors should be pushed for an Oscar. Nothing for me really sticks out as a lead since it's an ensemble film but maybe you have an idea. Also for supporting I'm unsure who to push.

Little break before the top ten. Obviously you can figure out what films will be in the top 10 and hazard a decent guess at the order, but can you figure out my #1?Also, as to in-depth reviews, I'll be commenting on random films most likely starting tonight or tomorrow, particularly films I liked (i.e. the ones in my top 25). If you want reviews on any film at all, including films I gave a disappointing review to, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to write something.

Can't wait for your comments on the films