JJ-8

Baumer's Summer 2014 Game: Top 7 Domestic Opening Weekends / Top 5 Worldwide Weekends

Most are in the 190-220k range. Pretty consistent surprisingly.

Yeah. There wasn't a large list films selected. We all failed for 7 films mainly due to dragon2 failing. Interesting the final 7 films were all predicted by at least someone meaning there are no massive surprises but maybe a few minor ones.

Preliminary Scores - Worldwide Weekends Top 5

* assumes highest weekend for each movie... a movie cannot appear twice in the list.

The Top 5 Worldwide Weekends are (As of August 4th, 2014),

1. Transformers: Age of Extinction (26th to 29th June) - 302.138m
2. X-Men: Days of Future Past (23rd to 25th May) - 262.866m
3. The Amazing Spider-man 2 (2nd to 4th May) - 208.989m
4. Godzilla (2014) (16th to 18th May) - 196.588m
5. Maleficent (30th May to 1st June) - 170.031m
Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

I'm going to keep the scores hidden for now.  These are the scores that change the game and they are usually tabulated at the end of the game......so I'll wait just a little bit before adding them in.

I'm going to keep the scores hidden for now.  These are the scores that change the game and they are usually tabulated at the end of the game......so I'll wait just a little bit before adding them in.

all good.. no need to add them yet... the domestic top 7 scores aren't going to make or break anyones game seriously here.. but those scores for the worldwide weekends could turn game on it's head...... 

• Like 2

I think you should just cut the WW weekend all together because the OS rollout is impossible to truly know. IMDb most of the times isn't updated, and we have to make predictions in late April. It is a mess. 

You can pretty much assume which movies will have day and date and which will have an extended release though. Big budget franchise films always have day and date with a few exceptions and mostly all animated films and lower budget movies have extended releases. There are inevitably a few outliers as there are every summer, but that gets you right 90-95% of the time. It's not rocket science.

• Like 1