CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

Also to no surprise, he also said Kong is gonna be bigger. No idea how big but it ant 25 ft.

Increase Kong's size here, in Godzilla 2 have Godzilla absorb a large amount of radiation or something in order to reduce his size and all the size complaints can be tackles straight away.

Increase Kong's size here, in Godzilla 2 have Godzilla absorb a large amount of radiation or something in order to reduce his size and all the size complaints can be tackles straight away.

Why would absorbing radiation make him smaller though? In past Godzilla movies, absorbing more radiation made him bigger and stronger.

Why would absorbing radiation make him smaller though? In past Godzilla movies, absorbing more radiation made him bigger and stronger.

Then have him face some monster which feeds on radiation and reduces his size. Movies can make up any rules they want to, especially in a new universe for the characters.  :)

• Like 1

The funny thing is, King Kong battled a "Humongous T-rex" called Gorosaurus in King Kong Escapes, a TOHO film from the 60's. I don't know if they would use that Toho monster or not. I do think they should put some sort of giant monster in this for Kong to fight to establish he can battle Godzilla.

Gorosaurus:

X-Plus-1968-Gorosaurus-Image.jpg

Gorosaurus would be cool, maybe to show us how Kong could overpower and outmaneuver larger opponents like Godzilla ;)

Edited by kaijukurt

My personal reservation about this movie is the fact that it's revisiting Skull Island. I'm just not sure how they're going to top the bug pit or the T-Rex battle from Jackson's Kong. That movie as a whole may have been imperfect, but the hour-long sequence on the island was just about perfect. 

My personal reservation about this movie is the fact that it's revisiting Skull Island. I'm just not sure how they're going to top the bug pit or the T-Rex battle from Jackson's Kong. That movie as a whole may have been imperfect, but the hour-long sequence on the island was just about perfect. 

Easily the best thing about the 2005 film.

I'm pretty sure the Legendary team is aware of this as well, though.

Edited by kaijukurt

THIS. THIS. THIS. Good lord you guys.... you think they would really put a tiny Kong and giant Godzilla in the same film? Kong has been larger than the 33 version more than once too.

Kong has always been climbing tall buildings in all versions, not tower over them. Unless Warner wants to throw away consistency, the new Godzilla (2014 version) is depicted as taller than many city landmarks.

alterante_poster_official_by_gojira14-d7

godzillabackground1.jpg

^ He's just that big for marketing purposes.

In the film, his official height is 108 meters, or around 1/3 the Eifel Tower.

3880721-10003980_10152321251248561_15968

Now of course, in some shots Godzilla looks bigger/smaller but that's always been the case in Godzilla films & other monster movies.

Edited by kaijukurt
  • Like 1

Kong has always been climbing tall buildings in all versions, not tower over them. Unless Warner wants to throw away consistency, the new Godzilla (2014 version) is depicted as taller than many city landmarks.

alterante_poster_official_by_gojira14-d7

godzillabackground1.jpg

In the movie Godzilla is much shorter than the Transamerica building. In fact, a 50 storey building falls on him during the final fight. His size was exaggerated in the marketing

• Like 1

So this starts or already started filming today. While the official trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens comes out today and you can buy your tickets early for it, these Godzilla/King Kong/Giant Monster films have always been my "Star Wars" ever since I was a little kid... so it's great for me to see the Godzilla and King Kong movies continuing now and even more interesting to see how they do a Godzilla and Kong universe. This is what I'm excited for!!

• Like 2

That's about the only way I can see this even working is KONG is subjected to Radiation enabling him to grow larger..

Maybe, but I guess this is what this film will show us since it leads to GvsKK. Or maybe Kong will already be huge and doesn't need a real explanation. In this world there was plenty of giant monsters in the age of dinosaurs... maybe there was a breed of SUPER SPECIES of giant apes. They used the term SUPER SPECIES in the Godzilla/Kong announcement.

• Like 2

That's about the only way I can see this even working is KONG is subjected to Radiation enabling him to grow larger..

Hey, there are a thousand ways they can retcon Kong into being Godzilla's size.....

I have noticed that the Canon for franchises is always more holy and sacred to the fans then to the people who actually make the films.

• Like 1