CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

11 hours ago, Hiccup21 said:

If this follows Godzilla's multiplier from here out, it will end with 153-154M. Definitely gonna do better than Godzilla so maybe 165-170M is where it will end. I am hoping for 175M. 

Yes I can't see it doing less than 165.

Being conservative, in the coming weekends it could do: 8.5 + 4.5 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1.5 (including dollar bump) = 20.5

Using the weekday/weekend ratio it had last week (10::14.6), 20.5 from all remaining weekends will give it 14 more from all the remaining weekdays.

So 133.8 + 20.5 + 14 = ~168 dom

I think it will cross 170, even if barely so.

edit: 170 will be a multi of ~2.8x. A great multiplier in this day and age for the genre and for a property with an inbuilt fan-base that swells the ow.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

Can I say, after the worrying tracking I was concerned. I wanted this to do well.  And I'm glad it is.

Im actually a little surprised it's exceeding expectations, regardless how I enjoyed it.  I want this universe to succeed so damn straight, I'm glad it is.

Hiddleston was nonetheless useless in this movie.

• Like 3

Saw this on Monday and absolutely loved it. I love how it embraces the fact that it's a monsters movie and goes crazy with it.

I went to see a giant ape smashing things and that's what I got. No one cares about human characters. (Though Brie Larson is always delightful to look at) 

A great improvement from Godzilla, which is by far the worst recent "blockbuster" I've seen (And I watched BvS and SS on OD)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

So Gareth Edwards is in talks to direct Godzilla vs Kong...yay, now he'll have two famous giant monsters to cut away from. 

I hope he goes full Malick and shows us nothing but shoots of green grass waving in the wind, with occasional giant-ass footprints.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

So Gareth Edwards is in talks to direct Godzilla vs Kong...yay, now he'll have two famous giant monsters to cut away from. 

Pretty sure that was just an April Fools joke. Keep in mind, Scified is the only website reporting this as "news" and no source or link was shared in the article.

Only "Entertainment Weekly" was mentioned. I'm not buying it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Telerian said:

I hope he goes full Malick and shows us nothing but shoots of green grass waving in the wind, with occasional giant-ass footprints.

Then the multiplier will be worse than Godzilla's anemic 2.19x.